CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:18 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

haahah, lol. You tell him arthur.
Which dash does it boot to though? MSXboxdash or evo dash

Arthur, you mean have 2 dvd Drives right? I was not aware of a total swap for the XBox drive. Lemme checkout xbox-scene.
Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:22 PM

what is evo x where do i get it how do i put on hd and yes i tried many times cuttin off xbox off and on it boots saying xbox cant read disk check to see if dirty. Shouting? who shouting, what do u mean, oh i c i typed in all caps thats because i was in a chat room ..sorry but wasnt shouting
Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:26 PM
Veteran

well, I bet the CD-R games won't boot because you have a thompson DVD drive in your XBox. Eject the dvd drive. If the "hole" in the drive tray looks like a perfect "U". It won't boot Cd-rs.

EvoX is just a replacement dashboard that lets you do some cool menus to launch games of the HD etc.

I still say obtain a good copy of a backup game and try it.

or like I said several times. BURN A WORKING COPY OF A GAME! FOLLOW CAL_G's tutorial.

It will work, assuming your chip is working correctly.

Jaymus

Read the FAQs first and surf the forum a bit if you have questions. (If you said you read through the forum, then you should ALREADY know what EvoX is)
Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:28 PM

jaymus, yeah i got the original drive still in the box, with the pioneer sat on top....u need a spitter cable to rob power from the xbox hdd for ur pc dvdr rom drive, then just take the ide cable out the original drive and bang it into the replacement...easy as that!

dre, as a last option try this m8 cos i'm sure it'll solve ur problem

__
arthur_p-huxake
Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:29 PM

In my first post i stated that I read the faq list about a couple times. Thanks anyway, time to take drastic measures
Old Oct 04, 2002, 05:38 PM

dre, i can sense ur getting right pissed off with this m8, so have urself atleast an hour of quality chill time!...wrap one up and/or crack the top off a cold beer, no good loosing ur rag m8...but if ur gonna!?!..stamp on the b@st@rd and do it proper :-)

__
arthur_p_huxake

Last edited by arthur_p_huxake; Oct 04, 2002 at 05:42 PM.