CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 06, 2002, 11:06 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

I cant find anything on the net on this, did you disconnect the box from the tv? xbox shows a green screen when its on, at least mine does, for the menu.
Old Oct 06, 2002, 01:01 PM

its a zenith and its green even when i unplug it my friend had a simiular problem except his was red
Old Oct 06, 2002, 04:25 PM

FU*K.. now im screwed. My warranty for my HD expired... and my dad is furious on why our Panasonic HD Television isnt working. Why would Microsoft even bother making Advance Packs or HDTV packs if they knew the projection TV would get damaged... My Tv is a piece of $hit now unless we fix it
Old Oct 06, 2002, 05:39 PM
Veteran

Just went to xbox.com & first thing I saw was a green screen!

As aside note, you can read the xbox faq at gamefaqs.com
"Psychedelic Effects
While playing a song, quickly press Y then X. Splashes of color will emerge from the small
jewel, in tune with the beat. Exit by hitting any button. You can also hit the 'info' button
on the DVD remote and the same thing happens "
********db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/xbox.txt
Old Oct 06, 2002, 07:32 PM

no the my tv isn't a projection tv it's stuck with a green tint its like looking at tv with green glasses on
Old Oct 07, 2002, 02:57 AM
Veteran

Didn't you know that already? Don't play Video Games on Projection (front or rear projection) TVs. It will cause burn in or the 3 lamps in there gets messed up. (Even though the screen is constantly changing, sometimes when you pause. or say some health bars in the game. They remain at the same position the whole time - causing burn in etc)

XBox manual and PS2 manual always worn you about projection screen. It is HDTV compatible (XBox, but probably they mean Tube, possibly Plasma. I think Plasma may leave a burn in also, but I doubt it.)

Anyhow, play on TUBE TVs......

Thought everyone knows that.

It's on PAGE 7 of your XBox manual.

Jaymus

** Squad7 - That's wierd, you are saying your's isn't a projection? Is it a plasma? Are you running component output?, maybe one came loose?

If you remove all the AV connection from the Xbox, the green tint still remains?

Tube TV's have come a long way, now it is very unlikely to get burn in