CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2002, 05:10 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

lol, wouldn't hurt would it? It's broken already, just put it in a brown paper bag and say it's a specialized tech tool specially for fixing that. Use plastic bag for red tint. hahaha, j/k.
No I dunno if it works or not.

Jaymus
Old Oct 07, 2002, 09:22 PM

i have a tube tv i think and i don't have a big magnet just little ons on the fridge lol yes i tried them but no effect
Old Oct 07, 2002, 11:52 PM

I have done a little *experiment* with this at one point in time on my tube tv.....ok, I was a little careless when moving the surround sound speakers to my system when I noticed the color change on the TV (yes, the tv has to be on, perferred to be a white, or "snowy" screen). and, depending on which side of the magnet (the pos. or neg. side), you will have a different effect.

BUT BE FORWARNED!!!!! If you hold the magnet in one spot for two long (about 1 COMPLETE second), the damage may be perminent. I would try this trick at your own risk. If you do decide to do it, be sure to CONSTANTLY be moving the magnet, and depending on the magnetic strength of the magnet, keep it about 1-1.5 inches away, moreso for stronger/larger magnets.
Old Oct 08, 2002, 03:10 AM
Veteran

That's why u need shielded center channel speakers
Old Oct 08, 2002, 08:43 AM

Default the ultimate solution

man, i can tell you from experience that zeniths are junk!

first of all, projection tv's + game systems = BIG problems

you prolly had an old zenith and fried the picture tube

what you need to do is this:

get a 14" flat screen hdtv, preferably sony trinitron or toshiba and build a projection box for it. you can buy the lens/instructions very cheep online.

trust me, these tv's are made really good, i play games on mine for days at a time and the picture quality is absolutely breathtaking.

and, depending on the size of the wall you project it onto, you can play your games on up to a 100 inch screen. you can actually adjust the size of the screen by moving the projection box forward or backwards. it's titties!!

not to mention you will have a 100" projection tv that is video game friendly for a few hundred dollars

Cheers!

Last edited by OPTIMUS-CRIME; Oct 08, 2002 at 08:48 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2002, 12:13 PM

hey
ive been playing vids on projection tvs for years...no problems whatsoever..some things u CANNOT do...pause the game for more than 10-15 mins....dont play longer than maybe 4 hours....then take a 15 -20 min. break shut tv off so the guns cool...
i had a mitsubishi 45" tv purchased in '91, and now i have a toshiba cinema series progressive scan 61" tv that i have been playing games on for 3 years....no problems. looks great. the older projection tvs were much more susceptible to heat and burn in than the newer projection tvs...
take it for what its worth to ya.