CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 14, 2002, 11:27 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Ultra2s are NOT Magic clones. If we wanted to carry half-working mods, we'd just stock Apples and real Magics.

Ultra2s are fully tested and guaranteed working mods offered by us and only us. We are also in the process of testing SuperNovas (direct boot Novas for V7 only) If they work as advertised, they will go up on our site.
Old Oct 14, 2002, 02:11 PM
Veteran

Hey, don't take any offense, but if they are not Magic clones, where is the offical website? All mod chips are basically clones of each other, and I've installed them ALL and they ALL work and they ALL play DVD9. What exactly do you think is "half working" about the Magic, Apple or other chips?
Old Oct 14, 2002, 02:24 PM
Veteran

And just for my own curiosity moddogs, being that you're NOT just trying to sell chips, and the Ultra2 is completely different than any chip out there... what's the "magic 3" on ps2modchip.com and your chip? Look the same to me.
********ps2modchip.com/search.php?page=neo4
********precisionmods.com/ultra2v7.htm
Old Oct 14, 2002, 03:59 PM

fact 1) Offical site of magic (china-magic.com) there is no such thing as Magic3 (look under News on 06 August 2002).
So we can said that a chip that need to use other ppl's name to boot their sale is not a good chip.

fact 2) Ultra2 is a identical to Magic3 (according to the links provided by madisonmods, thanks)

So, what we learn here is that just by changing name can make a total different chip. Well anyone want to buy "Zapple" chip from me?

Last edited by qpsxmod; Oct 14, 2002 at 04:02 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:36 AM
Veteran

The chips look the same but they are not them. They are branded for us.

No offense taken MM. The Nova doesn't have an official website, but does that make it not real? No.

So what about the divx file on china-messiah.com?? A red Magic installed on a board was swapped with a Messiah installed mobo and the red did not boot Xenosaga DVD9 original import. We supplied that DVD9 BTW. So if you are still going to sit there and repeat what's posted on a "official" website go ahead.

We really just want to bring to light the problems with some other mods and the fact that what people pay for are not always what they get. We also want people to purchase mods that have been tested and are fully guaranteed and that they should have no problems down the road when all of the PS2 games are on DVD9.

What if an Apple chip owner wanted to load the network adapter disc to play online? How would they do this? I had someone upgrade from the Apple to the Ultra2 because it wouldn't boot the NA disc. They are now enjoying online play and not on message boards complaining about a function not working like I have read over and over with some of the other mods out there.

And qpsxmod,

Fact 1) Your facts are incorrect
Fact 2) If all the chips are clones, then a Magic is not really a Magic is it? It's just a name someone came up with to call a chip they make. Well, someone made some chips for us, we tested them, they performed as advertised and we started offering them under our own name. We fully test and guarantee them, which is more than I can say for the "official" sites of some makers.

Ok, so you guys put down the fact that the makers of the chips we offer don't have a website, but can you say that what we offer doesn't perform as advertised? I don't think so.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 04:21 PM
Veteran

Never said anything bad about your chips, I've never installed one. All I can comment on is my own experience, and that is most chips are pretty much the same, and magic clones tend to have problems in the long term. Again, I've never encountered a Magic "3" or the Ultra2, so can't comment on their quality. As for the guy with the Apple, I hope he likes spending money... Systems with Apple chips that don't load the net adapter directly just need to load the disc in PSX mode. No biggie as far as I'm concerned. So the only disadvantage you can cite to the Apple is blown away (besides the ridiculous logo argument). As for the DVD9 issue, this has been discussed numerous times, and has been reported by reliable sources that this is NOT a mod issue. Mod chip manufacturers like to make it out to be one ("our chip is the ONLY one that loads DVD9!") but the info I've gotten from different sources says this is not true. I'd be happy to buy a DVD9 from you moddogs and test it out on every mod I do and post the results here. I come across many different types of mods in a typical month.

And for your info, I am not a chip retailer. I am an installer. If I get a Magic, I'll install it, if I get an Ultra2, I'll install it. I make no false claims that any chip is better than another, just that in my OWN (obviously inferior) opinion, Magic clones are not as problem free as true magic, apple or messiah chips.