CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 07, 2002, 06:59 PM

Default Shenmue 2 the last Shenmue?

sponsored links

This is kinda off topic.. but is Shenmue 2 the last Shenmue? Or will there be a continuing series of other shenmues?
Old Oct 07, 2002, 07:01 PM
Veteran

dunno, have you even played it? Do you know the ending or something? How would you even guess if it is the last.

If they sell like 1 trillion copies, I guarantee you it won't be the last. Yes, it's pretty off topic
Old Oct 07, 2002, 07:34 PM
Veteran

No, Shenmue II is not the last to the Shenmue Series. I've played the game and man, it was good. There's gonna be more to Shenmue, just don't know when.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 09:43 PM
Veteran

Is this out on the Xbox or are you guys talking about the DC version?

And from another source i heard that Shenmue 2 on the Xbox will have a special complete movie type rolling demo to go through the first Shenmue series(this is already been screened in Japanese cinemas), so if you haven't played the first game you would not miss any story line!!!
Old Oct 07, 2002, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Compared to some of the other mess I see posted here, I don't think this is off topic at all ...I don't believe Suzuki ever stated exactly how many chapters there were or would be in the Shenmue saga...although 12-16 are the numbers I've seen thrown around most often...before everyone starts screaming, "WHAT??? 12-16 games???"...collect yourselves ...the plan would have been to include multiple chapters in later game releases...i.e. Shenmue III: Chapters 3-6, etc, etc...will there be another another Shenmue? Only you can decide young padawan ...Suzuki has already stated that, unless there's good interest in Shenmue 2 on X-Box (read: big sales!) then he's ready to scrap the deal and work on something else...the project started as a Virtua Fighter RPG, as some of you may recall (and as you can tell by the great resemblance Ryu has for Akira from that series)...but the feeling is that the project evolved into something far different than what Suzuki-san originally anticipated...personally, I'll be standing in line the day it's released, even if it doesn't differ all that much from the DC version...Sega invested millions of dollars in the project and for those of us who loved the first one, I think the least we can do is support the project and hope that it continues...

Hope that helped...

best,
jags
Old Oct 08, 2002, 12:33 AM

totally agreed jags, however i won buy it, ill burn it!