CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:30 PM
Banned

sponsored links

The only motherboard that does goes up that high is n-force motherboard's
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:43 PM

Default WAIT A MINUTE

Albion m8
I hope this isnt too late but before you go changing your motherboard because of a broken nib where the cooler latches. You can get coolers which attach to all 3 nibs so the one you broke in the middle won't make any difference it'll latch on the 2 outside nibs "done it before for a m8 with the same problem.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 05:31 PM

I think this is a great example that demonstrates how valuable this board is.If it needed telling.

Dune

I really am grateful for your response m8.It really makes me appreciate more that ever about how valuable it is being a member of the Guide.
As it was,nt a problem I encountered before I went to PC World to ask them if I could do anything about a broken nib.NOTHING was their answer.

So on that advice I bought a new Motherboard from PC World.

Strange as this may seem,today I fiitted the new mainboard (a very good one form Microstar) and looking at my old board I saw the other nibs you have mentioned.
I came to the conclusion that the other nibs must be there for a good reason.Presumeably just in case you break one of the other nibs.
I,m surprised none of the booklets that come with Motherboards give detailed instructions on how careful you have to be when fitting a heatsink and fan.

Initially I thought that it was a simple matter of just adjusting the heat sink and fans position in order to be able to attach it.What this does however is to cover some of the
motherboard,s chip set.Not sure what this would mean,except to give me a solid attachment.However the fan would,nt be centred,so might be a compromise.

What your suggesting I assume is an alternative heatsink and fan with an offset spring attachment.If so do you know if they can be obtained easily.

Right now I feel like telling PC WORLD what they should have known from the start.Does,nt give you much confidence does it?

What has impressed me more that anything however is the thoughtful and caring help from a fellow guide member.Surely this is what the board is all about.

This message will be posted on the Forum.

Thanks again Dune.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 06:57 PM
Banned

my 2600+ never goes above....30 C load....muahhaha chilled water cooling

just try to keep it under 50 and u'll be safe. i reccomend and ax-7 and an 80mm fan
Old Oct 13, 2002, 06:49 AM

Hi M8
You made me blush ( I havn't done that for years ) anyway thanks for your kind words.
The cooler I used for my m8s was this one GlobalWin SAK38 (HS-004-GL)
a picture of which is here : ***********.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_CPU_Coolers_2.html
Although you may be able to get one locally

Good luck Dune.................
Old Oct 13, 2002, 04:38 PM
Veteran

peterjohno

I hear that your pro can happen sometimes, maybe you could try one of the other cpu cooling proggys such a Rain or waterfall and that may sort that out other than that see if a later release or maybe even the beta cpuidle on the webpage will help,

Glad you all like the proggy its $30 so that not too bad

JAM