CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:01 PM

Lightbulb How to Burn downloaded games using a Mac Computer (which Mac software?)

sponsored links

I see that you showed us how to backup games, however, how do we burn downloaded games for PS2? Please give us step-by-step instruction as you did for the backup tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS24LIFE View Post
Mac Tutorial on to Burn PS2-PSX Backups

This tutorial will tell you how to backup your PS2 or PSX games on your Mac.
First you need a CD-RW burner to hook up with your computer and good CD-R media. I recommend Verbatim and TDK dark blue tint is the best. Some PS2 or PSX lens read different colors but most should read dark blue.
Software is required to play backup games. I would recommend you getting Toast 5. If you cannot get a hold of it then get Astarte and Toast 4 or higher. To find the software go to www.bigredh.com

You need a method to play backups on your PS2/PSX. There are many different ways to play backups on your PS2/PSX. The most common way is the mod chip. You ask what methods are there for the ps2. Well here is a list: (look at the bottom for links).
Knife Method Cog Method
USB Mod Mod Chips:Neo2.2, Neo4, Messiah, Star Chip Etc

As for the PSX you can use a mod chip or a PS-X- Change

Once you have everything then you ready to backup your games.
This goes with the PS2 and PSX games

Anyone that has Toast 5 read this:

Put your PS2/PSX game into the CD drive, open up Toast 5 click "Disc Copy" in the Toast 5 box then burn the CD to a 1x or 2x speed. But I have found out that burning on 8x speed works fine. Then test it out using a "method". Toast 5 makes everything easy for us gamers LoL!

Anyone that have Toast 4 read this :

To Patch the games you would need PPF-O-Matic to get it go to www.megagames.com Once you get PFF-O-Matic read the instructions on how to patch the games its really easy.

1. Open up Astarte and insert the PS2 or PSX (which ever you want to backup) game in the CD drive of your computer. Then once you see the game in Astarte go to "EDIT"- "Select all" then go to file and save to a file that you will remember.

2. Astarte will copy the image to the saved file that you choose. It will take a few minutes to make an image. Once that is finished you can close Astarte and open up Toast. Remember the file that you saved the game in? It should say ISO 9660 right? Drag it into toast, the box it should read it and should picked out "Disc Image". If you see that everything is right go ahead and continue.

3. When burning backups ALWAYS it pick 1x or 2x speed. It might take you an hour or more just be patient. When that is done try it out. If the game does not work you might need to patch the game. For Patches go to www.megagames.com. If you have errors on burning the CDs check everything again, still a problem go to www.roxio.com or www.macfixit.com. Still trouble? Ask me on the MAC forum or e-mail me at [email]powerbydeeznuts@yahoo.com[/email] thanks and enjoy.

Links ***********.************/
***********.isonews.com
***********.xlr8yourmac.com/
***********.petitiononline.com/anything/petition.html- bring back CT to the Mac
********rewen.utter-macabre.com/
Copyrighted. 2001 By PS24LIFE.
Updated 1-8-02
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:25 AM

Default Please Help

Hi, first of all thanks in advance for your help.

I have a PS2 with a bunch of games, but some of them are in PAL and my tv plays them black and white 'cause its NTSC.
Ive been researching and there are lots of ways and soft to patch the games or the backed-up ISOS in Windows environment, but I have a Mac Pro.

Do you know a way to convert PAL games to NTSC in Mac? Maybe a program or some sort of procedure on the ISO file?

Thanks a lot!

Magui