CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 20, 2002, 02:44 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Nearly all arguements/disputes on this board come from/or involve member status.... ....it serves no purpose other than to cause/aid in bickering.

on with the post...

....i'm watercooled and am considering a peltier to hit them lovely minus figures, as stated earlier, as long as you take care of condensation, the colder the better.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 03:08 PM

Hi. Thanks. I prefer that. See, I can become a conformist.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 03:10 PM
Veteran

Thanks for the posts on this subject people! Compared to some, my CPU must almost be at melting point!

What about surrounding mechanical devices like the HD or CD? While it's great for chipsets, cpu's and ram to have this freezing air flowing around, surely mechanical devices like a little bit of warmth?

And just to touch on ranking - I have absolutely no interest in rankings. If people do then that's fine but I just totally ignore it. Why it bothers people so much I just don't understand.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 04:35 PM

Hi. I just finished installing R30 fiberglass insulation on my box after I hooked up the 3" plastic insulated duct pipe from my home made 220V 1500btu AC unit. I'm not OC'ing(last time I tried OC'ing, voodo child wouldn't boot; luckily I didn't smoke anything and my mobo has a failsafe fallback to default settings if you screw up with an OC). BTW, when is the last time you had " newbie " under your handle. You know, I just took a big hit off the pipe. I think I like the title newbie.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You know, I just took a big hit off the pipe. I think I like the title newbie.
lol
OK m8 we'll ask the mods if you can keep the title .

Back to the topic : How would you deal with condensation.

Last edited by kenp; Oct 20, 2002 at 06:18 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 06:21 PM
Veteran

There are a few guides on the net on insulation, basically you work on the process that if you cram enough foam or spungy stuffy (non-conductive) in and around the cpu socket this
A: absorbs any moisture that does occur and
B: by cramming it in tight you prevent most air entering - no air = no condensation. HTH

I would link you to some info but most of the good info is in other forums, mainly for overclocking....