CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 16, 2002, 12:46 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by dexterm99 [/i]
[B]I agree. Halo and DOA3 are good but not great games. What's so great with Halo?? It's using an engine and formula that's been done better with games like NOLF and MOHAA to name a few. The vehicle control is like trying to steer a boat during a storm.
DOA3 is much slower than the DC DOA1 version. Try selecting a player and see how long it takes for their picture to appear. Plus, there arent as many levels that you can fall off. Total lack of originallity.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system!

-Dexterm [/B]
I'd disagree that the engine used in Halo is inferior to NOLF and MOH...and I'd also put Halo's AI up against all but the newest pc fps...you can't name a single console fps that had better AI than Halo, and I doubt that feat could be accomplished now...Halo was definitely about more than the pretty graphics...

DOA3 plays slower than DC DOA (which is DOA2 btw, the first one was released for the Playstation and Saturn)? That's news to me...and I played DOA2 on DC til my fingers bled (well, almost )...the player pictures on the selection screen have nothing to do with the speed of the game...that's a limitation of the console itself (possibly the use of the 5400rpm hard-drive)...

jags

p.s. compared to the ps2, I don't think the X-Box really has an over-rated game ...
Old Oct 16, 2002, 01:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by AFI [/i]
[B]have u ever played halo online difnt think so playign halo onlien or multiplayer definetelty adds a new dimesion to the game its not overated it truly was the ebst game of the year [/B]
wasnt GTA3 best game of the year?
Old Oct 16, 2002, 03:42 PM
Veteran

Wreckless is one of the worst games I have ever played. I cant believe so many really liked it. So what are some guesses on future overly-hyped games that will really suck?
Old Oct 16, 2002, 04:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by drblaze [/i]
[B]Wreckless is one of the worst games I have ever played. I cant believe so many really liked it. So what are some guesses on future overly-hyped games that will really suck? [/B]
Here's my question...gamer x comes along and says "yeah, game y was supposed to rocks the socks, but I played it and it's way, way over-hyped...in fact, it's worse than licking Anna Nicole Smith's sweaty underarms!"...now, regardless of the hype, was this a genre that you would enjoy???...not everyone loves fps, not everyone loves rpg, and not everyone loves the Runabout-style (as is the case with Wreckless) of games...are you saying the game sucked b/c it sucked, or are you saying the game sucked b/c you don't like this style of game? I think you find more of the latter than the former...and saying a game sucks simply b/c you don't enjoy the genre makes no sense whatsoever.

On the other hand, if you do truly feel that Wreckless was a horrible game (even if I don't see how that could be the case), then disregard the above ...
Old Oct 16, 2002, 07:19 PM
Veteran

Halo was overrated, GTA3 never appeared on X-box, it was canceled, and DOA was over rated, it was like the PS2 version.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 09:11 PM
Veteran

Who said GTA3 appeared on the X-Box???...and since when did releasing a game that was "like" another game mean that it was over-hyped??? Let's see here...going by that rationale...Tekken's overhyped, Virtua Fighter is overhyped, Final Fantasy...heh, guess that one's WAY overhyped...Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, the list goes on and on...I think you're confusing the issue ...

And instead of just saying a game is overhyped...as so many seem to be saying with Halo...why don't you actually put your money where your mouth is and tell us WHY it's so overhyped ...