CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 29, 2002, 10:30 AM

sponsored links

anything to report yet reyman?
Old Oct 29, 2002, 02:34 PM

HI yes, I just got the chip and the magic disks, I installed the chip, however on the chip it says a couple of numbers then letter then v2 so I don't know if they gave me a version 2 chip for my version 7 PS2 or the v2 means nothing, because I think they only have the chip for V4-V7 ps2's, anyway I installed it but have no copied games to play yet, i should get the game i ordered like by friday or staurday hopefully, I did try a original PS2 game just to see if I messed up my ps2 during installation and it did work, but with the magic disks instructions it says put the magic disk in then wait until you see the insert disc thing comes up on the screen and then press the eject button and hold it down till it turns blue to orange, but my eject button stayed blue all the time for some reason, anyway i pressed the eject button and put in an original ps2 game and then when i closed the cd tray the insert screen is still up until you press the X button then the original loaded, I can only hope that the copied dvdr game i ordered works and everything goes well while trying to load the game up, When I get the game i'll give an update.

Last edited by reyman12000; Oct 29, 2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2002, 12:34 PM

Unfortunately reyman, I think you're screwed. That's the same problem I had when I first fired up the ps2. Holding down the eject button didn't do anything (which is not good - the reason for the whole chip is to eject the tray). I thought I may have just put the ribbon cable into the wrong plug, so I swapped them and that's when it popped a fuse on me. I've since put an Apple chip into this guy's ps2, and I'm now left to believe that the no-solder chip doesn't work in a v7. But definately keep me posted on how you make out. I've still got this chip and I'd like to be able to use it in someone else's machine if I can (might have to put it in a v5 or v6 machine though...).

cheers
Old Oct 31, 2002, 02:17 PM

hey rastaman do you mean that your tray won't come out if you press eject button? or the light doesn't turn from blue to orange when you press the eject button?
my eject button works well and it ejects if i press it, but i read that when you switch the magic disk with the bbackup your suppose to hold down the eject button till it turns from blue to orange, but when I hold mine down it stays blue and doesn't turn orange, but the tray does come out so i'm not sure if the back up will work.
Old Oct 31, 2002, 02:31 PM

yeah... it was the same thing. It never turned orange or ejected the tray. But if I just pressed the eject button, it would eject just fine. So I don't think the backups will work for you, but let me know how you make out when you try it.

cheers
Old Oct 31, 2002, 04:32 PM

i tried the eject thing while the swap disk was in and held it for a couple of seconds and the tray opened up and it closed back by itself in like 5-6 sec, thats how the instructions for the chip said it will work, now the only problem is that the light didn't turn orange it stayed blue.