CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 17, 2002, 08:19 AM

Default Sharing for FREE..!!!

sponsored links

I hear a lot of ppl on these boards wanting this and that file and will trade

so why not run a file sharing app and all share on there i know i would

and i know of a great app too this is how it works

1.. someone runs a server i am willing...

2.. others run a client that connects to that server (this is the gateway that links all the clients together)

and we all share files through the clients but the beauty is lets say i have sunfly 1 to 100 from gov

and others have the same files it hashes them so if someone wanted lets say sf10 and five ppl have that disc it will dl from all 5 ppl to him and so on so you would not need a high bandwidth to host the files as it puts all the bandwidth together so to speak an we all can take and give at the same time.

if anyone wants more details about the above suggestion please let me know and ill go into it a little further

PS

i already do this and it works great perfect for ppl with fast dl they dont have to worry about getting from a slow source as it pools all the bandwidth together from all the ppl who are sharing it dl different chunks of the file from all the ppl then rebuilds it at your end so you dont get the same chunk from anyone person...

Last edited by daplaya; Oct 17, 2002 at 12:37 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 09:45 AM

count me in m8

regards williamh
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:35 AM

sounds ok can u send more info m8
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:44 AM

sure thing bro what ya wanna know..????
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:15 PM

Hi let me know what I have to do to join. Where are you doing it now? Email me with the details. [email]ajgm@ecenet.com[/email].
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:21 PM

well first i just want to know if ppl are interested in the idea also if you all have files to share, so i will know that there will be enough of us sharing files if you get what i mean....