CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2002, 04:29 PM

Default Copy a DVD Game To CDR ?

sponsored links

Want to say I have read thru the FAQ's completely and searched on "ripkit" and a few other terms without success...

Thanks to this forum I have come a long way over the last three months and no have a fine collection of 100% working backups of my PS2 games. However, all my backups to date are cd-rom based games. I don't have a DVD writer (yet), but am now interested in learning to make backups of DVD based games. I do know that these games need to be "ripped" down so that they fit onto CDRs (quality media is important). From what I've read at isonews and other places, apparently there are different groups out there that work together to "rip" the dvd based games for us (the users).

This is where my questions begin (i'm sure there must be a tutorial or something...).

What is a "ripkit". Is it game specific or general software used to rip a dvd based game?

Although I believe you can find full size games on the net (not practical at 56K), is there specific software you use at home to make a copy of a dvd game you have?

My overall question (although if you have time to supply more info I and others I'm sure would appreciate it) is "What do I need to do to make a working backup of a DVD based PS2 game onto a CDR?

I have a US V7 with Apple Mod (flawless and amazing).

Thank you

Rick
Old Oct 19, 2002, 06:13 PM
Veteran

This gets asked every day it seems, can't you read some of the board first before posting? It would save one duplicate posts plus the FAQ also usually has answers.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 06:29 PM

Handyguy, as I said I read all the faqs (there are four pages of them) and it is not addressed. Maybe someone who can explain the process could right it out and you could post it there. I also have spent time looking thru posts and done several searches. I don't mind doing the leg work. Give me a search term that will give me the info I need and I'll be glad to look myself. If it is in FAQs and I missed it give me the link and I'll feel like crap but be grateful. So many times I've seen people told "do a search" or "read faqs", a simple point in the right direction rather than a canned response would be so much more helpful. Thank you for your help.