CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2002, 08:29 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

I fitted it mate. The chip is green. Was a strange one..... If the Z point was connected the tray would come out when Eject was pressed but not go back in... If you closed it manually with a disc in the laser wouldn't read it. disconnect the Z point and everything works like a dream....

I've offered to replace the chip for him for free and try that approach but I ain't got any Red PCB ones yet!

I'm doing another V7 machine with the same chip this week, will post what happens. I understand it could be a iffy chip and so does PSM2, thats why I've offered to replace for free including the postage charges...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:32 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Spagboll [/i]
[B]I fitted it mate. The chip is green. Was a strange one..... If the Z point was connected the tray would come out when Eject was pressed but not go back in... If you closed it manually with a disc in the laser wouldn't read it. disconnect the Z point and everything works like a dream....

I've offered to replace the chip for him for free and try that approach but I ain't got any Red PCB ones yet!

I'm doing another V7 machine with the same chip this week, will post what happens. I understand it could be a iffy chip and so does PSM2, thats why I've offered to replace for free including the postage charges...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ... [/B]
thanks spagboll, your the man.

cheers

good luck in your next install
Old Oct 22, 2002, 09:39 AM
Veteran

Interesting I thought only US ps2's had the gameshark problem that required the z point to be soldered.

I heard that some of the original green/blue clones had problems with the Z point and the gameshark though (but I never fitted one of those so I cant confirm if that is the truth or just a rumor)
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:07 AM

approx 2 mths ago i fitted a magic CLONE (Green Board) into a V7 Pal PS2 and got the EXACY same trouble as mentioned above , and sure enough when i disconnected the (Z) GS wire everything worked 100%,

And if anyone wants to know the chip came from LIKSANG
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:28 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

so.. im meant to be fitting one of these things soon.. to a PAL v7.. whats the best approach to take, psycho jack told me to use the game gizmo short gnd 5 and 3.5 volt wire chip placement (where the wires are no more than 1.5 inches long) but is there anything else?? also where can i get the RED OFFICIAL magic 2 from in the uk (cheapest place ) i dont want to have problems with my install! heh.. but im not gonna connect that z point,. it sounds like an iffy ting!

nick
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:34 AM
Veteran

If your not going to connect the Z point then you'll be o.k with all the Magic2's out there... Z points only for the GS/AR swap. If you ain't going to use it then you've no problem, just don't connect the Z wire..

As for the wiring issue, I fitted the PAL V7 machine as normal, I found no need for the shorter wires, just use a heavier gauge wire and you should be o.k. Never had to do it myself.
Unsure where to get the Red Magic2 PCB... if you find out let me know! I'm sure PSM2 will be chuffed!

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...