CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 24, 2002, 01:27 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Sweet, thanks Discwizard. This would be a good option for some of my friends that don't want to pay a lot for a modchip&install, but dont mind swapping.

Just have to wait for a good production unit
Old Oct 24, 2002, 02:24 AM
Veteran

Actually, OINGO, I think they would be VERY easy to install. You would unscrew the 8 screws on the bottom of your PS2, (10 for ver 1-3) then the 4 tiny screws on the tray assembly lid. Then just pop in the eject/power button assembly and you're done!
Would be VERY easy to ANYBODY to do who has put in a no solder mod, or even just taken off their lid before.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 04:09 AM
Veteran

Man, sounds like this would be an excellent "mod" if it gets going.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 11:40 AM
Veteran

I will order one as soon as they are available, and test it out. I will post my results as soon as I 'play' with it awhile.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:37 PM

I still do the LH swap every day with my ps2 lid and dvd-drive lid off. I just load up the gameshark, stop it with my hand, pull the disc and the magnet off, and swap in the copied game. It works very well, I think. This cover would be very nice for people like me (though not necessary). I doubt it's a 'hoax,' why would they bother? It's just a cover for people who want to swap, and keep a cover on their ps2. I might get one, just so my machine doesn't look so ghetto.

the pictures on the site are prototype shots. I highly doubt they'll use brass hinges on the final product.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:45 PM

oh, and the receipt says Cub Foods because that's where the bank they sent the money from is located. There's banks in Cub Foods stores all around the country.

Rice: You are very skeptical for an uninformed person. OF COURSE you take the cd drive cover off, that's the point. You flip the lid (the cover holds the magnet) and the cd is now free to be removed.

barracuda: I use my fingers to stop a spinning gameshark disc every day. Needless to say, i've never burned my fingers.