CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 26, 2002, 06:05 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

To boot PSX games with a Magic2 chip installed you need to put the disc in the tray, turn the PS2 off, then turn it back on and hold reset till the blue eject light comes on, let go of reset and it should boot....
If your already doing this then I'm not sure what the problem is mate...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 26, 2002, 11:19 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Spagboll [/i]
[B]To boot PSX games with a Magic2 chip installed you need to put the disc in the tray, turn the PS2 off, then turn it back on and hold reset till the blue eject light comes on, let go of reset and it should boot....
If your already doing this then I'm not sure what the problem is mate...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ... [/B]
already doing that, doesn't work, re-soldered s point like 5 time's, re-soldered all other points, and roughed up contacts. I can boot PS1 og's if I hold reset a lil longer, but PS1 back-ups come up as audio cd's.

I'm just gonna give it up, I have a chipped PS1 so it's not really a big deal. I just don't want to ruin anything.

Only thing I'm wondering is at the S point, does it have to be soldered to the black piece they point to? Or can you solder to the brown resistor??? or whatever it is next to it, they seem to be on the same contact, and I would believe putting the signal on either contact should work.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 11:35 AM

Default Magic 2 in ver 7

Just got my PS2 back after getting the Magic 2 installed. this is on the new version of the PS2 (39003).

I can not say that I am very happy with it at the moment. Out of twelve PS2 backup games tried only five booted immediately, the others did not boot at all. I could not get any of my old PS1 backups to load.

It is clear that the chip works (sometimes) and I am told by the people that installed it (**********.com) that this latest version of the PS2 has a fussy laser system. They have suggested that I try using different media, such as 'discrite' cdr's. They have no problem with these disks. My games are on Infiniti and Verbatim, both of which load on the games that did work.

I have tried immediately pressing the reset button on loading the game, leaving it a while and also holding it in for a while, without much luck.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help - i would be grateful for any advice that you guys who fit the chips can give me.

Thanks

Slim.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 12:47 AM

I think it is the chip problem, I have install a few "RED" magic on V7, after install the PSone games is either not booting up or it takes forever to boot up, I change the chip to APPLE and it boot up fine. I think you better report this problem to your chip provider.
Old Oct 27, 2002, 10:40 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Augdogg [/i]
[B]

I got my magic 2 at modchip.ca and it is the red pcb board one, not a magic 2 clone.

Z wire works flawlessly [/B]
hi mate where did you get ya red magic 2 from?? im looking for one, and doe it boot all psx games from all regions??
Old Oct 27, 2002, 01:34 PM

I just installed it, didn't work. PS2 won't play imports nor backups. You better get a professional to do it, worth the $70.