CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 25, 2002, 10:49 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by .S.O.N.Y.0.0.7. [/i]
[B]I ripped it with dvd decrypter and also used the same program to burn it to dvd-r. I also used Ifo edit to make it region free but that did'nt seem to work. When I try to play it on my pc or standalond dvd player I get "This player is incompatible with the region marking on this disc" [/B]

I have come across this, it was purely down to my error in ripping, I recall that I used ifo edit to de-regionalise it, so I didn't do something correct in the process!

1 . you could re-check your ripping method. Read the guides, I can't stress that more so! www.doom9.org is very good and www.vcdhelper.com is as well.

2. you say the film burned ok, try making a backup of that via ripping, ie rip your copy as you would a dvd9 and remaster it ans see it that makes a difference.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 12:31 PM

celtic_druid is right you will have to re-encode the film and change the settings from a pal standerd dvd to ntsc standerd dvd by changing the frame rate. this is the only way to change the film from ntsc to pal as allthough you can make the dvd region free it will be as celtic_druid said a region free ntsc format disc.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:17 PM

what program will allow me to do this as I can't find a setting on ReMPEG to allow me to convert to pal which is what I used before to encode the file!!!
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:35 AM

DVDPatcher or Restream will do this nice and quickly for you, available at www.doom9.org
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:56 AM
Veteran

Changing the header of a NTSC file to PAL does not make it PAL. As I said you need to re-encode.

Doesn't sound like the problem is with it being NTSC though so it would really be a waste of time converting.

If however you do want to convert NTSC to PAL, if it is a film source, then you would just select force film in DVD2AVI, then change the framerate from 23.976 to 25 and the audio to match.
Old May 14, 2003, 05:07 AM

if the standalone player wont play the disc that is region free but ntsc then the answer is proberably that the dvd player needs to have itself set to auto format so that if you put in a dvd if checks to see if it is pal or ntsc automatically or if you dont have this option you may have to switch manually between formats i have toshiba 220e multiregion but unless you enable this option it wont play region1 discs a friend has same1not multi so he had prob until setting changed