CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:33 PM

Default Messiah Help needed

sponsored links

Can I get someone that is good with installing this chip to chat with me about some problems Im having installing a Messiah? Any help would be greatly appriciated! Here is my chat info:

[email]MSN-ace_ventura_fan@hotmail.com[/email]
[email]YAHOO-jhinchman@yahoo.com[/email]
ICQ-81470799
Old Oct 28, 2002, 09:12 PM

Best thing for you to do is post your problems and give us all a chance to help

remember to include ps2 version info,
Old Oct 29, 2002, 09:27 AM

yeah, post your question here. We will try to help.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 07:26 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Here is a summary of whats going on.

I have taken the ps2 apart since the post and found that I had a wire in the wrong place on the NONGAP chip. I also had the Reset wire in the wrong place on the chip.(Duh!!) After I fixed those wires, I took an multimeter and triple checked all the points from the chip to the actual points on the ps2 mainboards. All wires checkout now. Ground and Hot wire are short as possible and a heavier gauge wire.

My ps2 is the version 4 with the NON GAP chip.

The ps2 just boots up to the red screen of death(what I like to call it) hehe. It doesnt matter what I put in it, cdr, dvdr, original cdr, original dvd.

Any help you guys can give me will much appriciative. Thanks again for the replies.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 07:38 PM
Veteran

To be honest mate, with you having wires in the wrong place and all, I'd completely remove the chip and see if the PS2 actually still works.. You don't know what sort of signal you've put down the wrong leg on the bios chip.... If its knacked, then mate, its knacked. Only thing you'd be able to do after that is either swap it, sell it, try to source another bios chip from someone with a faulty board.. HOPEFULLY your PS2 will work with it removed, if it does then re-install making sure its right and NO solder beads are causing a short anywhere...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 29, 2002, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the quick response Mike. Yeah I understand about the wrong signal going into the wrong spot. I was going to remove the chip and did some more reading below and found out that my v4 has a date code of 1c. Im not sure if the posts are correct, but if Im reading correctly, the messiah will not work with a date code of 1c. If you or someone can verify if thats correct, thats the question I need answered next. Thanks again,