CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 29, 2002, 04:58 PM

Default can i have someone view on modchips?pls

sponsored links

hi everyone,
ive got a v3 pal ps2. i have neokey installed nut i want to play dvd-rs, but neokey wont let me.
is there a no solder mod chip out for the version 3?
i have looked at the lusifer no solder mod but there are no sites which sell them
thanks ad
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:47 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

no, im not aware of one but ive not been around for long.. i know of v4,5, 5/6 and now a 7 no solder chip.... for dvdr ur best with a messiah installed, but thats expensive, unless ur gonna do it... u can always get a neo 2.2 and ar2, but thats fiddly to get dvdr to run

nick
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:52 PM
Veteran

Nope..

The V3 is far too different internally to be able to do a no-solder mod. Its just a couple of WIDE ribbon cables for this machine. On the V4,5,6,7 they are all in a line at the edge of the motherboard so its easy to do one for these machines.. Unfortunately mate they don't exist ( as far as I know ) and I don't think they ever will...

As briny_uk says, you'd be best with a Messiah but they are a pain to install, get someone who knows what they are doing with these..

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Oct 29, 2002, 07:26 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

hee heeee im operating on a v3 with a messiah soon... might be interesting.. mike, cheers for the board arrived today.. its getting put to good use anyway, im yet to find out what cap to use, but i have been practicing my soldering on it (on the next to smallest pin chips, not the big sqare ones, the other ones that are a *tiny* bit bigger).. these look smaller than what ill need for messiah, or at least the same ish, and as far as i know the wires have gone on with no bridging, all 1st time and looking neat i got the magnifier out to check, and still i see no bridging! could be a whole different story when i get a messiah out, but we will soon see....

installers that i have seen advertising seem to charge 80-90 for messiahs on v4,5,(6),7 machines, but 90-100 on V3.. i think this speaks for itself.. it doesnt look easy :S

Nick

[edited due to embarrassingly bad spelling... i need my bed]

Last edited by briny_uk; Oct 29, 2002 at 07:29 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 07:32 PM
Veteran

Yeah mate, use the smallish chips with loads of legs together, that basically is what you'll be soldering to for the Messiah in a V3.. Have fun!!

I think the ones ( caps ) you'll be after are on the back of that board, some small ones there.. Only sent you the board because finding the right one is bloody awkward coz theres no values on them!

Good luck with the Messiah, nowt like the feeling when you've done V3... Remember theres 7 wires all next to each other!! lol..

Cheers for the ref as well mate.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...