CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 31, 2002, 10:40 PM
Veteran

Default What you need start Burning/Coping UPDATED!!!

sponsored links

What Software You Need to Copy

ASPI Drivers YOU NEED THESE
This is what you must have for you drive to be reconized by cd writing programs.
Get it here ***********.adaptec.com

CD and DVD Coping Programs

CDRWIn - This is a must if you burning PS2 games. It burns Iso files, bin, cue, and also copies, and makes data and music cd's.
Get it here:www.goldenhawk.com

CloneCD -If you coping CD based games, or DVD-Rips, you need to try CloneCD. I can copy any type of CD, even protected ones. The only drawback is there no CloneDVD yet.
Get it here:********elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/

Diskjuggler- Probably one of the most powerrful, and hard to use burning program. If you learn it, it can be very useful. It can make images or CD's and DVD's.
Get it here:***********.padus.com/

BlindRead and BlindWrite- Blindread and Blindwrite is the only alternate to CloneCD. It does the same thing, making 1:1 copies, but unlike CloneCD, it was made for the purpose of reading scratched and badly damaged disks. It really works, I have had much luck with it for PS1.
Get it here ***********.blindwrite.com/download.htm

Daemon Tools- This may not be much help, but it can mount a image file onto a virtual CDrom drive. Can be good for extracting files.
Get it here********daemonshome.cjb.net/

Fireburner- This little program does many things. Its most usable for burning .bin files without a cue file.
Get it here ***********.fireburner.com/downloads.shtml

CDRWin 5- This is not an offical GoldenHawk product. Its completely different, It has some burning options, but I personally don't use it.
Get it here ***********.disc4you.de/produkte/cdrwin/download.html

Isobuster- This is needed for ripping DVD's. Its great, it extracts all the data from DVD's. It has some problems, the 0.99 version is better than the 1.0 and 1.1 version though,
Get it here ***********.smart-projects.net/isobuster

Prassi Primo DvD- This is the software everyone uses to do direct copies of DVD games. It works great.
Get it here Url unavalabe

Nero Burning Rom- Probably the most used burning program today. It Burns games, CD's, DVD's, VCD's Svcd's and more. It can do 1:1 copies of DVD's and supports many DVD writers, and almost all CDwriters.
Get it here ***********.nero.com/en/index.html#root

Record Now MAX- This is what I personally use, Its an updated version of Prassi Primo, it records CD's and DVD's.
Get it here ***********.stompinc.com/recordnowmax/rnmx-retail.phtml?stp

Last edited by Jaice; Dec 21, 2003 at 12:52 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 11:59 PM
Veteran

***********.psxcopyworld.co.uk/Primo_Tutorial.htm
Old Nov 29, 2002, 06:52 PM
Veteran

stompinc.com <-- Where you can obtain Recordnow MAX
Old Dec 22, 2002, 10:42 AM
Veteran

Before using Record Now, put the pxengine update on. It's free from Veritas/prassi :
***********.prassieurope.com/
Old Jan 14, 2003, 05:42 PM

Record now and primo don't recognise my ricoh mp5125a dvd+RW/+R

i cant copy any ps2 games. even nero is doing coasters, bloody expensive too keep wasting these discs. i did the pxengine still wont recognize.

r bollox. any ideas dudes
Old Jan 24, 2003, 01:46 PM

YEAH IT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK WITH ANY TYPR OF DVD+ BURNERS I USE MY A04 AND PUT WAY MY HPDVD+R FOR THAT REASON