CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 01, 2002, 06:23 PM

Default i keep gettin HACKED HELP ME

sponsored links

i have zone alarm pro

more or less each time i go online
i get a popup sayin zone alarm pro has stopped someone

why is this its all the time

on average its about 4-5-times-each time i go online

mail me at profile

thankyou
Old Nov 01, 2002, 06:42 PM
Veteran

You're probable not really being hacked, more liked scanned or just normal network traffic getting picked up.
Old Nov 01, 2002, 06:44 PM
Veteran

no one has "hacked" you m8. it is simply people doing port scans, in search of a server, most likely so they can either: (a) use as a server for warez or (b) f*ck with just for fun.

No worries ... EVERYONE experiences this and that is exactly what firewalls are for.
Old Nov 01, 2002, 07:38 PM
Veteran

only 4-5 times?? try more like 150 and Im still not worried, as they're all BLOCKED connections...noone has gotten into your pc and really noone will try as unless you have something very juicy and highly sensitive on there, most ppl wont even bother trying to gain access. As already stated, its just normal network traffic checking you are still there.
Old Nov 01, 2002, 08:07 PM

Quote:
more or less each time i go online
i get a popup sayin zone alarm pro has stopped someone
Shows your firewall is doing its job, turn [b][u]off[/u][/b] allerts in ZoneAlarm and it will carry on protecting against hackers without bothering you.
Old Nov 01, 2002, 08:30 PM

When you are online with a broadband/dsl connection, there are servers from your internet company that check the network, could be from them, also could be from the sites you're going to, trying to get feed back about your computer. It is not being hacked, it is normal network traffic. Like I said, alot of times, the web sites you go to request data from your computer, to learn about who is going to the site - to find statistical info about your computer - when they do this, a request is sent out to your IP, so the firewall blocks it. Also, like other people said, people do port scans, and your computer is coming up in them. Nothing to worry about though