CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2002, 05:45 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

all that wait and anxiety for what ? nothing

chances are it will take a fecking eternity to reach stores in the UK aswell ..... Bah
Old Nov 07, 2002, 06:26 AM
Veteran

What it dont say is how big it is altogether, anyone remember how big the biggest partition on the standard xbox hard drive is? Just over 6 gig maybee?

Jesus this must be massive to not fit on the standard drive, it must be over 8 gig if it takes 2 full DVD-R's to archive, what a waste of time even releasing it, the whole point of getting a console chipped is so you can play the games that the groups so kindly release, not in this case, what a crock of s**t

Roll on the PS2 version

Peace

Cal_G
Old Nov 07, 2002, 06:52 AM
Veteran

maybe there will be a ripped version on one dvd? if its anything like the ps2 version of mgs2 its more movie than game anyway!
Old Nov 07, 2002, 07:34 AM
Veteran

yea, BUT the reason im buying a dvd writer this weekend is because im fed up with playing Rapes on my ps2. Dont get me wrong, im not bashing kalisto, paradox etc for releasing the rips, but lets be honest, the current games are being butchered, and ide rather it didnt start happening on xbox.

Im not bashing this release either, but i do think it was pretty pointless. i have no hesitation to go out and buy this game when its available, as i did mgs2 for the ps2, just a little dissapointed thats all
Old Nov 07, 2002, 08:09 AM
Veteran

This is an incredibly stupid release if you ask me. It would actually be EASIER, FASTER and CHEAPER to just rent the game and copy it to your hard drive than it would be to waste 2 DVD-Rs on this game, just to copy it to the HDD. I guess it's nice for people in PAL territory if they want it early, but still a waste of time and effort in my honest opinion.
Old Nov 07, 2002, 10:50 AM

It would be nice to have a rip with one disc having the main game and another with the vr missions, i dont see why the main game shouldnt fit onto one dvdr like the ps2 version because doesnt this one have the cutscenes trimmed a bit due to the complaints with the PS2 version.