CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 08, 2002, 10:05 PM

Default dvdxcopy shareware

sponsored links

I heard that the dvdxcopy software was just released, can anyone link me to a place where i can download the shareware. I know i can do the same w/ ifo edit and stuff, but i would just like to be able to put in a movie and a blank and press a button without having to do anything in between, itll save me alot of time, even if the disk has to be on 2 blanks i have a 5 disk dvd changer so it doesnt matter to me. Thanks for any info or links.
Old Nov 08, 2002, 10:40 PM
Veteran

Well if they had released it then it would be available on their page.

Quote:
The Pre-Orders will be released tonight, we anticipate early evening CT. All customers will receive an email with download instructions. Expect this around 5-7pm Central Time on Nov 8, 2002.
Doesn't look like they released it though.. The thing keeps getting pushed back and back, I mean they haven't even been beta testing it for that long.

Way too much hype and not enough action.

Last edited by celtic_druid; Nov 08, 2002 at 10:43 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 07:19 AM
Veteran

Personally I don't know if I buy into the hype. I don't know if I believe them flat out due to a lie in there FAQ.

Q. Will my copy retain the same quality that is on my DVD?

A. Every copy made with DVD X COPY software is EXACTLY like the original. There is no video or audio compression. DVD X COPY is the first program to copy ANY DVD movie without any loss in quality.

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about DVD burning knows that this statement is complete BS. How the hell can you get 7 gigs into 4 without re-encoding the video using a lower compression bitrate then was originally there.

But beyond all that the real question is how long will the damn thing take. I might even call them later to talk to them and find out more. I am willing to plunk down $99 to give it a try if I am satisfied with there answers.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 07:36 AM

Taken from the FAQ.

[b]Q. How many discs are required to burn one DVD?

A. Many DVD movies will fit onto one DVD disk, but on occasion, you will need/want to split the DVD onto two DVD+R disks.

Q. How long does it take to copy a DVD with DVD X COPY?

A. Some newer model computers can copy a DVD movie in one hour or less. Older computers may take a little longer, depending on the speed of their processor and DVD burner.[/b]

Worth the money if it really does what they say.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 07:38 AM
Veteran

Done more reading on there forums. Apparently it will burn the DVD's over 2 disks which is how it gets away with out the recompression. If I wanted a movie split over 2 DVD's I would use IFOEDIT for free. Also they apparently put there own disclaimers/FBI warning onto the disk. Thats just flat out annoying.

Edit: Guess I was slow on hitting the send button :-).

Last edited by rishardc; Nov 11, 2002 at 07:42 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 11:49 AM
Veteran

Yep, there is nothing new or exciting there. You can get that ease of copying over 2 discs free with IFOEdit, or 1 click method with Derrows DVD Split for 15 bucks. As for DVD5's DVD Decrypter 's ISO method is also free.