CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 14, 2002, 11:50 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

rishardc, I don't know what you are referring to. All it does is make a perfect duplicate of the original disk & if it requires more than one disk, you can skip a disk. It writes all chapters as far as I know.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:11 PM
Veteran

What he means is can you skip the warning that it inserts or do you have to watch it?
Old Nov 15, 2002, 05:09 AM

i downloaded dvdxcopy yesterday but everytime and it looks like a very good programme, especially for discs with episodes eg The Office. Since this has 6 episode it lets you put 3 on each disc.

however as soon as it tries to rip from the dvd i get a message saying cannot read from the source disc. It says this with Pulp fiction and the Rush hour 2 disc also.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 08:45 AM

It's working fine now ! Looks like a great program ! Will post back when its completed.

The problem was that my dvd drive was set to region 1 !! Didnt think to check that !!

Ferd
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:58 AM

I think the copy protection they put on the discs is causing the discs it creates not to play on 2 out of 3 of my players
What I mean is that they may be making the discs outside the DVD
standard as far as players and burning software are concerned.

I tried backing up one of my movie discs, the first (representing first half) created disc played fine in my Apex, but not in my other two home DVD players (similar to the issue with Nero, but for an entirely different reason, I think).

I decided to try again (I wanted to use RecordNow Max to burn, since I know it creates discs that all 3 of my DVD players can play):

1) So this time when it got to the ready-to-burn stage, I copied the DVDXCopy temp folder's VIDEO_TS (containig the VOBs etc.) and AUDIO_TS (blank of course) folders somewhere else (so they wouldn't get automatically deleted when closing the program) and shut down DVDXCopy.

2) Unfortunately when I went to burn it in Stomp, it gave me an error about the format of the VIDEO_TS contents (i.e. it didn't meet the DVD Video) specification. I could burn it with the 'Recognize VIDEO_ts AND AUDIO_TS' option turned off I guess, but then I think only the Apex will play it (since I don't think it is the burn engine of DVDXCopy that is the provlem, but rather the contents of the VOBs)...

[B]Or should I have also copied the text file that DVDXCopy creates????[/B]

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2002, 11:44 AM
Veteran

I put sw clones on a dvd+rw & then used nero to copy it to a dvd-r cheapo disk. You can only do that with a Sony. dvd-r played fine on the ps2. both play fine on my apex.

There might be some info about their message affecting play back. but to play my clones copy I had to start it from the chapters MENU only.