CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 09, 2002, 12:20 PM
Veteran

Default Is my PS2 buggered?

sponsored links

I was in the middle of a game when it suddenly crashed. I went to reset it but nothing happened, and now all I get is a black screen everytime it powers up and aside from the that, the CD drive isn't opening either? It's chipped with the Messiah chip but I didn't install it myself so I can't open up the PS2 without voiding the installers warrenty. Thansk for the help guys!
Old Nov 09, 2002, 12:31 PM
Veteran

contact the installer
Old Nov 09, 2002, 01:00 PM
Veteran

Yeah mate, contact the installer if they provided a warranty. Sounds like a fuse has blown somewhere, possibly the power supply. If thats all it is then its an easy fix.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Nov 09, 2002, 04:56 PM
Veteran

Thanks for replying m8s. But I'll have to wait till next Saturday 'cos it was at Bowler's. Just got Vice City as well
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:34 AM
Veteran

I got it back today from the installer and apparentely the chip inside which controls the power to the cd drive is f**ked and unreplaceable which means the whole thing is f**cked. Is this really true?
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:10 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

WHAT so, hes ****ed your ps2, and hes not doing anything about it??? god i hate bowlers... ive had to re attatch 2 wires on m,y mates who got his done there.... dont bother with bowlers.. if thats broke, yeh its ****ed unless u can find someone witha broken board witha working cd drive controller chip, and someone who is willing to fit it... probably best trying to flog ur ps2 as broke tho unfortunately

Nick

thats annoyed me actually.. tell me what stall you got it done at