CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 19, 2002, 01:19 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

another displeased bowlers cutomer... what a surprise... like i said before... BOWLERS IS ****!!! DONT GO TO BOWLERS!!!
Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:54 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

this is only a wild guess.. but, sounds to me like this has been caused by a loose wire on the cd controller chip, that has came off, and shorted with another wire on the same chip... and then done damage from there...

is it worth putting insulation tape over these wires on the v3/4 messiahs to keep the wires on, and if they are loose, keep them still at least? (will it overheat)

nick
Old Nov 19, 2002, 08:20 PM
Veteran

All the hot component are already taken care of by the thermal material so there will not be any overheating problems. I agree, sounds like a wire made a short (probably between something pulled high and ground).

Is the "CD controller chip" the one on the bottom with the BGA pins? If so you are screwed (you need a special tool to get those off). If not then see if you can get it swapped with another chip from a broken board (get a professional at soldering to do this (ie not just some modchipper but an actual professional))

And WTF is Bowler's, a company?, a guy?..... sounds like a hick bar to me.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:30 AM

bowlers computer fair, manchester, england...

everyone trusts all the chippers in it... well, gullable people do.. its crap basically, they know what they are doing, they also know exaclty how to do a chip as fast as they can, so it works.. about 3 of my mates have had loose wires on chips from them before i got into chipping things.. its a joke really.

obviously some stalls are going to be better than others, but its too hard to describe where the stalls are to people,. and they go to any.. 2 in 3 rush like hell.. you see them doing it :@

Nick

now maybe some people will see why NOT to go to bowlers?
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:09 AM
Veteran

****! Wish I'd seen some of these anti Bowler's posts before I went there. BTW When he told me it was ****ed he said he'd put a Sony warranty label on the back then told me to send it back to them as broke and they'd replace it. What's pissing me off is that I've got to pay more money for that one to be chipped now!
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:10 AM

right.. thats piranah tech isnt it?? they do warranty stickers... wont be buying chips from them anymore.. conn artist twats