CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 12, 2002, 05:23 PM

Default ALL LOOK IN & XBOX Live beta testers please verify if possible!!

sponsored links

I'm a live beta tester been one since 11/05/02. been using it on my enigma modded xbox. when i went to play last night got an error saying "Your Xbox cannot connect to LIve" Tried first with moto gp then several times also with whacked and nfl fever and nothing worked. then there was a troubleshooting icon on menu i could pick so i did and it ran a check of my connection and system. everything checked out ok except i got an error saying "Xbox Live not found"

I have a second unmodded xbox so i copied my account info from the hard drive to memory card. Then i tried to use the xbox live disc to update the dash on it. My xbox live works fine now.

So i'm wondering if they've found a way to detect if your system has a mod chip in it?

Has any of the other beta tester had this problem?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 12, 2002, 05:31 PM

I read something about this on the xbox-scene site ...

But I also read that on the gotmod site that someone with a modded xbox WAS able to play on LIVE ...

It will be inetersting to find out exactly what is going on ...

I'm sure either xecuter or Exo will eventually get around this tho
Old Nov 12, 2002, 07:11 PM

i'm using a XIOS mod (xtender 1.1 clone) with original hard drive and haven't been able to connect since yesterday. keep getting an 'xbox live not found' error no matter what game i try to use.

verified that the NIC isn't the problem by playing halo via xbconnect earlier today
Old Nov 12, 2002, 07:20 PM

^ I have the same thing. (Xios no HD replacement) and same results. Neither disk works. this blows. And Mech Assult tommorow. NOOO!!!

I want fix now
Old Nov 12, 2002, 08:10 PM

clarence - details on your modded xbox that isn't working now please? trying to go through the process of elimination
Old Nov 12, 2002, 08:17 PM

i think the chaps on the gotmods site are currently investigating this ... shouldn't be too long before we have an answer