CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 07:16 AM

sponsored links

In most papers today (uk) that xbox is now the 2nd biggest selling console after overtaking the gamecube

A long way off the PS2 yet tho lol
Old Nov 13, 2002, 09:35 AM
Veteran

I still cant belive how other console could sell more then xbox, when xbox is so much powerfull! People talk about available games for ps2...more varity & **** like that, but how many games can u ply in a week?? I got a 120 gig hardisk, full of good xbox games, and i still havent played 80% of them pat level1. Lets face it, xbox is the best console, just need better marketing.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 09:54 AM

It does look like the xbox is starting to take over the GC now so thats a good thing. MS said from the begining they had no intention of becoming no.1 with the xbox and that it was just a starting platform to build up to the xbox 2. I think after with xbox live and the winter\early 2003 games line-up they will start to eat into sonys market share as well. Sony have had it to easy to long and the ps2 shows this, it was no where near a big enuf advancement from the ps1 and looks even more pathetic when compared to the xbox.

The ps2's games will only keep ppl buying it for so long just look at Nintendo, once No.1 now 3rd.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 02:39 PM

The japanese don't like the x box.. Do they even like anything that they did not make? The refuse to support the x box, MS got to buy support, the got to dish out money to get games. Which suck. But the xbox is not gonna die like the Dc,MS got too much money. I don't see how people can choose a gamecube over a xbox, well i guess their a lot of mario fans.. LOL..
Old Nov 13, 2002, 02:49 PM

Here's the fact, the world hates Microsoft, and although the xbox is superior machine, the community doesn't trust bill and newfound discovery. Sure you have to look at it in terms of why people buy a system. Advertising and personal experience. People are afraid of getting burned on the new system and like ripping your stocks out of the market and banks, it will have a detrimental effect on the overall stature. I was the same way about the dreamcast, I couldn’t trust Sega anymore after spending my months and months of hard earned paper delivering money on the flop of a machine the “Sega CD”. I however trust that Gates and his boys have, like in previously stated messages, enough money to keep the box. Bill may be a crook, but he knows what he’s doing. He’s opening the world to a new type of multimedia machine that cannot do badly. What was the last thing that Gates do poorly? Buy DOS for $5000 and turn it into a billion dollar operation? Sure that one turned out badly for him. He’s not a dummy and the xBox will survive. I’m putting my guarantee on it. I just wish I could convince my friends, who are wasting their money on that soon-to-be gone, slowing up on the goal line during madden, 3 year old piece of crap machine, the ps2.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 03:22 PM

in the end the best system will win