CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 04:20 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

All I can say is Let the Ps2 fanboys do what they like.

Anyone who has an Xbox knows that the machine as a whole is better than ps2 and while we are getting a list of quality games they can keep telling us how good their ps2's are. (b0ll0x!)

(lets not forget Rare are exclusive and maybe Capcom and most of the games for Ps2 will also be on the xbox)

All Ps2 have to shout about is GTA and Gran Turismo (ok they are good games but so what! 2 games does not make buying a console a worthy purchase).
Old Nov 13, 2002, 05:12 PM

Sheesh!!!

XBOX has only been out for little than a year compared to PS1 & PS2 which has been on the market for a long time now, not to mention Nintendo has been around too long.

XBOX isn't going anywhere.

All these doomsayers keep hoping that XBOX would go away, but it won't and don't expect it to.

I have played PS2, Gamecube and XBOX and by far XBOX kicks ***!!!

To compare XBOX to Dreamcast and what happened to it is like comparing apples with oranges.

When Dreamcast entered the game console world, they came out early before PS2 because they knew they wouldn't be able to compete with the PS2 system, so they came out right in time for Christmas (I think that was in 1999) and sold what they could, then one year later came PS2 and that was the end of Dreamcast. They (Dreamcast) knew what they were doing, so they sold what the could before it all came crashing down, and they said so in an article. They had no intention of staying in for the long haul because they could not compete.

XBOX approach is much different, they are in it for the long haul and with the backing of Microsoft don't expect them to go away anytime soon. Besides, take a look at ALL the possibilities the XBOX can do compared to PS2 and Gamecube, those consoles don't even come close. And the list of new games coming out are incredible and let's see how XBOX Live holds up. All of these things were planned before releasing XBOX, which shows you that they were thinking ahead.

Cheers
Old Nov 13, 2002, 05:57 PM
Veteran

my look is that ps2 & gamecube are just for a consumer that wants a gaming experience and only a gaming experience.

xbox on the other hand is capable of doing so many things it's not even funny...it's for the type of consumer who wants to do all things possible with one box of plastic & metal.for the more advanced consumer

and thats why i love it..nothing against ps2 or gamecube though,they are both very respectable systems.but they just can't compare to what xbox can give me!

as has been stated microsoft has the money behind the xbox to guarantee it won't flop..this is just to show that they can enter the market and make changes,it's just getting people ready for xbox 2
Old Nov 13, 2002, 06:15 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by yoshi [/i]
[B]just checked the latest figures, and ps2 ain't the first hurdle, gamecube is. america is considered xbox's strongest territory, and yet there are 500,000 more gc than xbox in american homes. gc also outselling xbox in europe, and all the japanesse seem to favour sony and nintendo, cause they are japanesse companies. I know the japanesse economy is screwed right now, but that is no reason to favour ps2 and gc is it?

ps2 has sold 10 million units in japan, compared to 300,000 (3 hundred thousand) in japan. this is worrying is it not. also head of xbox in japan has just been moved from his post to one back in america. hopefully the new xbox japan boss will be able to make more inroads into the console market. if not, xbox may be doomed.

yoshi [/B]

well you got you number backward

"The recent Yahoo article that has everyone excited got their data from DFC, who use NPD data for their sales numbers. Whoever wrote the Yahoo article got the numbers backwards. They should read:"

PS2 - 11.2 million
Xbox - 2.7 million
GCN - 2.2 million

Since NPD only tracks around 67% of the sales, the actual US userbases are:

PS2 - 16.8 million
Xbox - 4.1 million
GCN - 3.3 million

xbox out sold ps2 3:1 in germany

"12.11.02 - Xbox: sale number of fast towards the top written of claws of rice around 9:34 clock.

Since the introduction of the Xbox-Bundles for 249 € including of two Sega-Games fast the sale number steeply towards the top. The ratio lies in the moment in about in 3:1 (Xbox PS2). Sony recognized this, and to hold tried with one free-Game (we reported) on the other hand. To this subject, they may discuss in our forum with us."

sale from the UK

"15:19 The Christmas spending rush began in earnest last week as console sales rose across the board in Britain, with big winners emerging as Xbox and PlayStation 2.
Xbox sales rose 46 percent to 15,102 in the week ending November 10. The sound you're hearing is Microsoft staffers screaming for joy, especially when you compare that figure to GameCube sales.

The Nintendo console sold 6,839 machines last week, a rise of a mere 3 percent. Game Boy Advance remained the star of Nintendo's show in the run-up to Christmas, shifting 15,557 units, a rise of 14 percent week over week.

Now for the biggy. PlayStation 2 sold 45,245 consoles in Britain last week, a 14 percent increase over the previous seven days. And with the release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City last Friday, you can expect this week's figures to increase again. Don't underestimate, etc.

Patrick Garratt "

so you see xbox is doing pretty well for a first year console and M$ first year in console business... considering nintendo been here for over 15+years.

as soon as all them POS fanboys start seeing the sony hypestation is not that great then xbox sale start going ups
Old Nov 13, 2002, 06:19 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Gameplayers [/i]
[B]I would say PS2 is still ruling... Xbox still sux at the moment, don't know why... its just the wrong time coming out, ask urself, who will want another console which is similar when they got a ps2? not many do...

PS2, every1 buy it cos of PS1... no one wanna buy Xbox, as they have got their PS2...

haha i don't what i am talking about

but wait a min... i am not suppose to post at this Xbox section... since i don't like the peeps here... [/B]

hmmmm i wonder why people buys pos2 when the graphic on pos1 look as good as pos2? well i guess sony did a good job at marketing the "hypestation2"
Old Nov 13, 2002, 06:54 PM

How can you say the graphics on ps1 look as good as ps2 ? get some glasses buddy or a bigger tv omg !

Look there both systems
Id buy the PS2 for fun for games and for internet play . I also have a friend of mine who has gave me a private account to his ftp with over 350 PS2.

For X-BOX id buy it for graphics but its basicly a pc in a small box but i already have a better pc thats in front of me right now .... And also for me im on alot of FXP boards ect and there is WAY more ps2 uploads then xbox . but latly the box has been getting more and more .
Eventually im gonna get a x box though but for now ill stick with my PS2 .