CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 07:48 AM

Default xbox ISO burning..

sponsored links

Ok, here is my problem.. I have make coaster out of 20 different cd-rw's. My xbox dvd drive will not read any of the cd-rw's that I made. Now, I used xboxisotool to make iso, with default.xbe, evoxdash.xbe and xboxdash.xbe in the root directory (an overkill I know, but just wanted to be sure). I've used Sony, Maxell, Office Depot, Hypermedia and Memorex CD-RW's, nothing will work in my dvd drive. I connected a pc dvd drive to my xbox and it would only read a evo dash 1.8.4xxx cd that was made with an ISO I didn't create. Now, is it my ISO creator or is it my burn? I'm using Toast Titanium on a MAC. Can I burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW disc in a CD-RW drive? Any help would be appreciated. I need a boot disk so that I can install a new hard drive. TIA.

actwon
Old Nov 13, 2002, 09:51 AM

20 cdrw's? The nice thing about them is that you can completely re-burn if you mess up. So why have you used so many? I've used one so far to put evox on my hard drive. It only loads about one in six times. Every one of the games I've downloaded so far don't want to load either. I would extract the iso and put it on the hard drive but all of the iso reader programs say its not an iso. Maybe your iso isn't really written correctly as an iso.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 08:39 PM

I thought that my ISO maker was broken. Actually, I couldn't re-use the CD-RW's because I closed them. Thanks.

actwon
Old Nov 14, 2002, 01:45 PM
Veteran

What are you talking about, that's the whole point of CD-RW (Re-writable) Doesn't matter if you close it or not. If you are burning ISO, say using Nero, it will ask to format it for you before it burns to it.

You can always format the CD-RW for use again.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 02:36 PM

Oh, I thought that once you 'close' a cd-rw you couldn't write to it or even format it? Interesting. I didn't know that you could format it for use again. Damn, I just wasted 20 rw's..

actwon
Old Nov 14, 2002, 04:02 PM
Veteran

Well, it won't be a waste, you can re-use all of them. Just format them or when you burn your ISO, stick in an old one and it will ask to format it.