CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:27 AM

Default just my opinion on label removal

sponsored links

i noticed when i put labels on my games they don't want to load in my xbox.as soon as i remove the label it boots fine.i read a few suggestions on how to remove them and the worst way that i experienced was the soaking in warm soapy water.the label would come off but you are left with a bunch of sticky glue and it gets all over and if your not real careful it can get on the other side of the disc and cause all kinds of trouble.by far the easiest way is to heat the label with a hair dryer and keep the heat on while you are peeling it and the label and glue comes right off.again,this is just my opinion and that is what worked best for me.i hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:52 AM
Veteran

It's mixed results (with labels I mean) There are people that swear that if you put good quality labels with a stomper, it doesn't matter, and there are others say it doesn't play at all.

I used to have full color labels for my PS2 games, but I acquired so many games, got lazy and no more labels. But I never had problem with them when I used them.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:31 PM
Veteran

i hear ya jaymus, i used to get cases, and print covers on the laser color printer at work, but now, i dont even bother. i bought a fancy cd case, that zippers, and just stick em all in there! takes up a lot less space.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 05:19 PM

Talking

Kinda like a black sharpie myself & a cd envelope