CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 17, 2002, 02:28 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

how do you get the ps2 games working once youve downloaded all of the parts?? ive done it before using FTP sites and they work fine , but ive downloaded all of the partsof a game in a ps2 newsgroup (rally fusion) but i cant get the game to work???

Last edited by spinna; Nov 17, 2002 at 02:30 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 03:07 PM
Banned

ussally, games on newsgroup are in two formats or 2 extension.

one type is with the part1,part2,part3 at the end........

the above means that it's already in .rar formats.

and the other is .001,.002,.003 at the end..........

this format isn't in .rar format yet

You can use winrar (www.winrar.com) to extract both of those file...

so go download winrar and install it.

after that, if your files is already in winrar format, which is ussaly name as part1, part2,part3 then just open it.

anyways, to know if you file is already in rar format or not, right click on a file and go to properties, then look at the file type. or just look at the icons of that file.

ussally, file with the part word behind it is already in rar format, which has the extension of .rar,r01 and on..........

if you have those kind of file, then just open it, then it open up a windows with another file in it, ussally it's a .bin file, right click on that file and click extract, then choose your loaction to save that file, then sometimes, it will ask you to process in all volumes or only selected files, just select the first one, but it really doesn't matter which one you select, then it will start the extraction.......

then burn it...... with cdrwin........ lol

but if your games file end with .001,.002,003.... or so......

then right click the first file, which is .001 and choose add to rar

then open up that file and it will pop up a windows with another file in it, just like the other one. now do the same things as above, which is right click and extract it. then the extraction will start, anyways, after it finished extracting the first file, on this one, it will ask you to give it the location of the second files, which is .002 so give it that loaction and put all the other file in that loaction of .002 too, and it won't ask you anymore.......
Old Nov 23, 2002, 10:59 AM
Veteran

i dont get it. how can you possibly even get a game on these newsgroups??? 4/5 of everything on theres are jsut requests...and the rest are like...seperate little parts of the game...do you have to piece the together like a puzzle??

also, how can you see if someone has responded to your request?? do you need t search all around?
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:38 AM

Thats what im saying. That is the only sh!t that annoys the hell outta me with newsgroups! I think the ones that show up though when you type in "Playstation", are universal rooms. There has got to be private ones, where people get hooked up lovely. If not, then this is total crap!

---------------------------------------------
PS2 Specs:
30001R
Date Code 1c
V4(no gap)
Red Magic 2R No Swap Mod
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:45 AM

hardly any games are available from newsgroups.

stick to Direct connect
Old Nov 23, 2002, 12:00 PM
Veteran

direct connect is pretty annoying also though....i mean ive found like...2 psx hubs that let you in if your only sharing like...1gig. All the other places require like...3-5gig minimum. I only have a 12gig HD, so i cant go using it all up just so i can connect to some hub