CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 16, 2002, 11:36 AM

Default Ok folks its Official: MS Bans modded xboxs

sponsored links

Ok folks MS themselves posted this on thier own forums.

"
An MS moderator posted this on the official xbox forums:
Quote:
Using an Xbox console with a mod chip installed to play Xbox Live

Microsoft does not support modified Xbox hardware. This applies to any use of the Xbox console, regardless of whether it is playing standard “offline” game titles or online-enabled titles with Xbox Live. We are unable to assist you with the setup or usage with a system that has been modified, and should the system need repair, a modified system voids your warranty.

Q: Will Microsoft block modified Xboxes? What will Microsoft do with boxes that have been modified?
A: Microsoft will defend the gaming experience for our users on Xbox Live, and will not approve the use of any game cheating devices for the Xbox gaming platform. This is a violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use. If users attempt to access Xbox Live with an Xbox installed with modified hardware or unapproved software, their Xbox will be blocked from accessing the service now and in the future. Microsoft reserves the right to take other appropriate action in the future, which could include canceling the user's subscription.

Q: Can I still play on Xbox Live if my Xbox has been banned because it had a mod chip installed?
A: The Xbox with the mod chip installed that you used to try and connect to Xbox Live will be blocked from accessing the service now and in the future. For now, You are free to continue using your Xbox Live account, but will need to play on another Xbox. You can move your account in one of the following ways: If you have previously saved your account to a memory unit, you can move to another machine. You can use the account recovery process from a different machine to bring back your account. You can go into the dashboard under the memory section and save your account to a memory unit. NOTE: Microsoft reserves the right to take other appropriate action in the future, which could include canceling your subscription.

Q: If my Xbox has been banned from Xbox Live because it has a mod chip, can I get back online if I remove the mod chip?
A: No. Unfortunately, once an Xbox has been modified it can never be put back to the original, non-modified state that is in compliance with terms of use for Xbox Live.
Take from official Xbox forum : forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=149789

That's pretty bad news ... but we know they actually BAN the xbox (even if you remove the modchip) , so they must ban you based on xbox serial , mac address or something similar. (or maybe a modified file on HD)
Now it's not impossible to change these settings , PiXEL8 & Team Assembly have been working on these things for some time now , so their *might* be a solution for the future.

On the other hand there are still people that told me that xlive worked fine if they disabled the modchip ...
We trying to find more information about that (if you managed to let xlive work again , contact us).
------\

So modchips do not work with xbox live. As of now, tests have revealed that MS has not "banned" your xbox live account yet, but your xbox EPROM # has been blocked when the MC is turned on. Some people are still able to play retail games with xblive with the mod chip turned off, and others, less fortunate, can't get on at all anymore with a modchip enabled or disabled. These unfortuantes it seems ahve had thier xbox eproms blocked. If this is you, you can still use your live on another virgin xbox, but untill someone hacks the eprom #s (its being worked on), you can never use that ebox with live(even if you buiy a new live kit and try and use it on the xbox).
I wouldn't be surprised if MS soon bans xbox live accounts as well

This sux, I was going to buy live, but now MS can shove it.