CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:07 PM

Unhappy DVIX movies....but no sound??????

sponsored links

I just download this movie,complete (stuart Little 2 for my kid)over 700 mg.for first time . The quality is Great ,but no sound,I must doing something wrong ,I can see it with windows media 9,Dvix the playa , allmost any software,the same great quality but no sound .What I am missing or is the movie bad.Thank you for any help
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:22 PM
Veteran

You probably just don't have the required audio filters installed for playback.

Ok, just looked it up and it uses 384Kbps AC3 5.1ch. You need to have an AC3 decoder filter installed (if you have any DVD player software installed then you have this.). You also either need an AC3-AVI parser filter installed or to use a player that supports AC3-AVI's such as windows media player classic which I reckon is much better than wmp9 anyway.
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:26 PM

I have a WindDVD 4 and still is no sound,where I can get AC3-avi filter,and thank you for help me out
KAJUNA
Old Nov 16, 2002, 08:49 PM
Veteran

Try this player: ********vobsub.edensrising.com/mpc.php

or for other direct show players you need to install "mpgaudio.ax" which you should be able to download from places like doom9.
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:14 AM
Veteran

I've got the divx player and the divx "the mexican" , and also no sound. other divx movies play great, just this one has no sound. is the file corrupt or am I missing something?
Old Nov 19, 2002, 09:23 AM
Veteran

Could be as above, although I can't check as I don't know what release you have or if it is even a release.

Presumably you have done as above to though in which case if it still doesn't work then it may use DivX audio. Installing DivX311alpha would give you the required codec.

Try: ***********.headbands.com/gspot/ it will tell you exactly what format the audio is.