CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2002, 04:52 PM
Veteran

Default Just how important is DVDr media to PS2's laser?

sponsored links

First of all, dvdrs significantly reduce the strain on the laser when comparing to dvd rips, where the laser constantly scans the cd.

Is the media that is labeled "good quality" (i. e., Apple, Verbatim) infact better than cheaper media like Princo?

From the numerous threads about GTA VC we've seen than sometimes even good media can fail (Some people had trouble even with the mighty Verbatims)

Personally I've stuck ONLY with Apple dvdrs so far. I've gotten nothing but good results from this media. Recently however, I've tried cheaper media like Princo and found it to work just as well.

So this leads to the question pertaining the quality of dvdr media then...

[b]Just how important is dvdr media for the PS2's laser?[/b]

Will "cheaper" media wear down the laser more than "better" media?
Should we stick with the media that "works" or with media that is considered "superior"?

If you have any experiences with dvdrs don't hesitate to state your opinions.

Last edited by Zero; Nov 18, 2002 at 04:55 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 05:48 PM
Veteran

no, usually cheaper media is rubbish against verbs,apple but really it depends on everyones ps2 as there all different and like some media and some not
Old Nov 18, 2002, 06:01 PM
Veteran

But does media quality affect laser strain?