CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 22, 2002, 07:38 PM
Veteran

Red face Connecting Xbox to PC problem!

sponsored links

I got the Evox disk on DVDR --

I read the "unr3al" instructions but now luck!

I put on the disk did what i had to do.

Went to control panel (On the PC) and did what i had to do i put Use ip and typed in what he told me.

So then i connect both with the crossover cable..i reset the cpu and i take out the evox disk.
After that i went to my FTP program (im using FTP Explorer) i first tried to make my own connection because thats what im asked when i open it..so i put xbox and xbox username/passwork-port 21-the right IP as he told on instructions.. i click connect.. on the bottom they have status this is what i get...

connecting to xbox
established connection
error connecting to xbox

whats up?? i cant get fxp because i can connect on the net with the comp im using to connect pc to xbox so i had to transfer them to floppy to the other pc so i can have the program.

PLEAASE HELP!!

Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:26 PM

WHAT!...........are you using goldberg ver.? you lost me....
Old Nov 23, 2002, 12:51 AM
Veteran

ok -- i followed these instructions exactly.
Written by unr3al

Ive noticed that their is no real simple guide on connecting the xbox to your pc although their are guides on other sites they dont make it clear or simple enough for those that just want to do games and put games on the HD so here is a dead simple working guide for everyone,

Im assuming that you own an xbox that is capable of playing backups and has evolution x installed.

Right first off you need to go get yourself a network card any will do, you can get them for 2 at computer fairs or pc world has them in for 10.

Then you need to get a CROSSOVER CABLE, i use a belkin one its yellow 2 metres long and its only 7 at pc world.

Then install the network card in your pc.

Now here is the bit that most people seem to have questions about.
Go into evox (if you are running it from your xbox HD or a cd) and go to settings, then move down to Use Static IP and make sure it says YES, then go to IP, and make it 192.168.0.2, then go to Default Gateway and make it 192.168.0.1, then save and exit.

Now go to your PC go to control panel then network connections, now double click on netwok connection now in the box that has appeared highlight the TCP/IP bit and click properties, it says "OBTAIN AN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY" and "USE THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS" tick "USE THE FOLOWING IP ADDRESS" then in the box that says IP address type in 192.168.0.1 then go the SUBNETMASK box and make sure it says 255.255.255.0, then click OK.

Now you have got your pc and you xbox ready to go ALMOST, what you need now is a program called FLASHFXP you can get it in a free 30 day trial format which you will find if you search for it in GOOGLE, then once you have FLASHFXP install it on your PC.

Now take the CROSSOVER CABLE you bought and plug one end into your xbox,s ethernet port on the back, then plug the other into your network card, now start your pc up (if you have any firewalls or anything like that turn them off completely) now switch your xbox on (no disc in the xbox) you will now have a connection between your PC and your XBOX.

Now open up FLASHFXP go over to the little orange lightening symbol and click it then click on QUICK CONNECT now you get a box, in the SERVER OR URL box type in 192.168.0.2 then in the USER NAME box type xbox, then in the PASSWORD box type xbox, now make sure the box that says PORT has got 21 in it, then click on CONNECT you will then see a bunch of folders apear in the right hand side window and in the bottom right hand side window it will tell you the connection info now you are inside your xbox YAY.

Im using FTP Explorer as the FTP..
Old Nov 23, 2002, 12:41 PM
Veteran

Have you tried toggling on/off the PASV mode?? 99% of the time that is the trouble.... you should NOT use PASV mode...

ash =o)
Old Nov 23, 2002, 06:28 PM
Veteran

Hi m8, listen, double check that you have everything setup right you would be amazed how easy it is to forget the smallest detail, alos i know it sounds stupid but just check youve got a crossover cable aswell m8, anyway my guide was made from me doing it on my xbox which has evox on the hd.

also m8, double check the ip addy on the xbox and the one on your network card, aslong as they match up like in my faq and you are using a crossover cable you should be fine, also try your best to get flash fxp its the best really, just put your network card in the pc that can go online, if you cant do that then i guess its tough lol.

good luck m8, also dont forget to do what ashVID said.

thanks m8.

unr3al.
Old Dec 01, 2002, 10:56 PM

er...ummm... one for the dummies

What is PASV mode and where do u enable/disable it from??

Cheers