CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 23, 2002, 01:29 AM

Question magic2+v7=not reading anything

sponsored links

Hello hope some one can help. I got a magic2 (redchip) for the v7 with a clip. we installed it, checked all wires , double checked and more. When powered up when you hit the reset button it goes though the ps1 ,ps2 logo screen then country, times zone screen. if you try to play any disc it says nothing there. If you reset it it goes through all of what I said again. It just acts like the drive isnt there at all. If you hit the reset like you are loading a ps1 back up it just goes to the browser and all like I said before. The Z wire is all ready taken off. If anyone has any ideas please let me know
Thanx
Old Nov 23, 2002, 06:11 AM

Default Re: magic2+v7=not reading anything

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Troyster42 [/i]
[B]when you hit the reset button it goes though the ps1 ,ps2 logo screen then country, times zone screen. [/B]
You didn't even try if the PS2 boot before you install? ps1 ,ps2 logo screen then country, times zone screen will only show once at the begining. Did you try setting up all the setting?

I think the best thing to do is to uninstall the chip. boot it up and see if the problem continue. If it doesn't show up ps1 ,ps2 logo screen then country, times zone screen anymore then try one original game. And lastly reinstall the chip. By the way, uninstall the chip by desolding the point on the chip. by doing that you can save time when you reinstall again.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:29 AM

thanx, before we installed the chip it played all regular ps2 and ps1 games, just after the chip was installed it keeps going though the screens and all, it does it everytime you try to play a game or turn it on
Old Nov 23, 2002, 01:25 PM

that is the weridest thing i have heard..... how did it return to factry condition?? well the only way to find out is to uninstall the chip and reinstall it again, maybe is the chip? but if it still act the same after you remove the chip then it is something wrong with the installation.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 02:44 PM

thanx again, we'll try that today or tomorrow, I'll let ya know how it goes, I never heard of this either I checked around the board and found other things but not this
Old Nov 23, 2002, 04:03 PM
Veteran

Maybe there was a short that pulled a pin high or low which tells the PS2 to dump all setting and go back to default.