CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW > DVD/CD Media Discuss
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 04, 2002, 03:21 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Hey all ... politely send your test results to the tech manager, Scott, at Cendyne as he claims he hasn't heard of these problems we are all reporting:

[email]techmgr@cendyne.com[/email]

Please try to provide the following:

- Model (duh!)
- Firmware revision
- OS, Burning Software, etc
- Discs tested, at what speed, and results

I am determined to get some satisfaction or die trying. :P

You can also post at the [url=********support.cendyne.com/index.php?s=]Cendyne forums ... figure that is OK as it is the manufacturer's own crappy forums. hehe There is a thread in troubleshooting ... start posting your problems and help give us a voice there so everyone is aware of this.
Old Dec 04, 2002, 06:49 AM

just posted in here i think everyone with a problem should relpy to this as we dont seem to be getting anywhere
********support.cendyne.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=10512#post10512
Old Dec 04, 2002, 07:41 AM

mines up running brill now, been a pain in the arse for a week ,but burning ritek datasafe @ 2, 1 ok
verb no prob @ 2
tdk no prob @2
bulkpaq gen 4 2speed @ 2 ok, but these dont play on v7 ps2s, lazer not keen.
so riteks the discs for me @ mo.
Old Dec 04, 2002, 08:22 AM
Veteran

so orson, yu are only 1 of 2 people I have seen that had success with the Riteks. which Riteks (color?) and what did you do if anything to get it working? from all the reading I've done, seems some had great luck with this burner but most had $hit luck.
Old Dec 04, 2002, 11:40 AM

A small tool that tells you information about your DVD-R disc (manufacturer, etc). Requires ASPI v4.60+ and obviously a DVD-R writer.
at this link,,,

***********.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/advdinfo.cfm
Old Dec 04, 2002, 11:55 AM

ok 420, here we go, i bought the discs from svp in ten pack they are dark purple underside, on the top it s called DATASAFE-MEDIA 2x speed gen 4,
i bought them as 1 speed, but cos mine is burning @ 2 dont know if everyone elses will.
funny thing is if this hadnt of worked after over aweek of real pain in the arse it was going back, this burners been drivin me nuts, im not a newbie ive been burning for 8-9 years since first burners came out, so like to think i know quite a bit, but this dvd!!!!!!!
i started from scratch with a clean wipe of system, cos id been messing so much with differant software and aspis, then installed prassi 2.0, then got the pxengine upgrade ( not the one linked to from thisite it dont work.)
installed my other software then give it a blast. now bits going a.o.k.
thats about it.,,, just waiting for firmware upgrade to get it burning 4 speed on this cheap media,,,,, be nice wouldnt it,,