CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 02, 2002, 04:25 AM

Default ftp to xbox not working

sponsored links

Could anyone help me out here, I've followed all the tutorials and can not get the ftp connection to work.

I have evox cdrw and the booting fine in the xbox (should I be running the MS Dashboard or just leaving it on the first menu when trying to FTP ?).

I have a modchip installed.

I have a linksys router working over a network (with ADSL) and one port connected to the xbox via a standard network cable.

The network/internet works fine but no matter how much I try to ftp to the xbox IP it will not connect.

I manually set the IP to a valid range/gateway that my network uses (evox.ini file) and confirmed when booting the xbox that this IP is setting correctly.

As I haven't connected via FTP yet I only have evolution x running from the dvd drive and not on the xbox hard drive.

Any suggestions on how to isolate the problem would be appreciated and whilst I'm fine with all the pc and psx burning processes, I've never touched xbox ports before to know if mine is faulty or something.

aterese
Old Dec 02, 2002, 06:14 AM

all working

stupid cable was faulty or not crossover type

thanks anyway