CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 03, 2002, 03:22 PM

Default Intro Remover? header Editor? Best Selfboot Method?

sponsored links

Gonna ask this here too, just in case.

1. I saw on the dreamcast backup FAQ that there are in fact ways to remove release group intros from games, but it only listed one example, and it seemed *HIGHLY* tailored just for that game. Does anyone know a good FAQ on removing Intros/logos from backups? for some strange reason, Spider-Man's intro screws up the sound in the game about 90% of the time.

2. A lot of the games out there have "ECHELON" as the Disc title when the disc is inserted into a CD-Rom drive. I was wondering, does anyone know of a way to make a disc image and edit the header so that you can change the name of the disc in a CD-Rom enviroment, and reburn it correctly? Something like a Header or TOC Editor? I need it for my CD Cataloging Program.

3. If no one knows how to do the above, does anyone know if making a selfbooting game out of a selfbooting game would work? All the tutorials state that you should use a Boot Disc version of the game, but as far as i have seen, no one has addressed taking a game that was already selfbooting and putting it through the selfbooting process again.

4. Assuming that you can re-selfboot an already selfbooting game, which Selfboot format is better to use now: Audio-data (MIL-CD/Echelon format) or Data-Data (Bin2Boot format)? Is it worth converting all of my selfbooting discs from one form to the other to make sure i can play them on any of my friend's Dreamcast systems?

Thank you

/<
Old Dec 16, 2002, 09:55 PM

1. I know how to but I'm too lazy to go through the process.

2. In order to change the disc title, you need to reburn the game and change the name of the volume (-V)

3. You can take the files of any DC game and put it through the selfboot process. And no it does not matter whether the original was selfboot or non-slefboot. Either way as long as you have all the files for the game, it will work.

4. It depends on the model DC that you have. Mine can read both formats. My friends DC can only read Data-Data formated CDs. I suggest you make one of each and try it out.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:20 PM
Veteran

1. Why would you want to remove the intro? Echelon and other groups have worked hard to rip the games and you want to remove it just cause youre tired of seeing it?
3. You need Bin2Boot to change nonboot games to selfboot.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:55 PM

1.: "....for some strange reason, Spider-Man's intro screws up the sound in the game about 90% of the time. "

3. THere is more than one method of selfbooting, and not all methods will work on all dreamcast systems for all games
Old Dec 30, 2002, 08:07 AM

About the Intro screwing up the Sound, you need to skip the intro as fast as possible when you run the game.
If you keep the intro running, the sound will mess.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 09:06 AM

no thanx, would rather just figure out how to remove the intro and not worry about my speakers