CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 06, 2002, 07:08 AM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by mitsu50 [/i]
[B]sounds like its time for a dvd writer TRE!!!!! i got one for xbox, and now doing PS2, pretty cheap now a days. there used to be a guy here who had a site with rip kits, i think his name was space monkey or something like that, try searching for that name or a variation of it. [/B]
well mitsu, it's not really a good alternative for me, it's not affordable to say the least. there aren't that many games that i want that badly that i would burn to a dvd-r. quite simply, most of these games that i've played(downloaded) i wouldn't want to waste a dvdr on. the ones that are good, i have bought the original. the ends do't justify the means, not to mention, that [b]i don't have a mod.[/b] that puts it in a whole nother bracket altogether.

$400.00 dvd writer
$150.00 modchip + installation
-----------
$550.00 total

doesn't sound attractive enough for me to go bankrupt over for the crap aZZ games that are being made for either system.

[b]btw i'm still running win98 so it would be a waste to even try images over 4 gigs.[/b]
Old Dec 06, 2002, 07:31 AM
Veteran

$400.00 dvd writer
$150.00 modchip + installation
-----------
$550.00 total

no way man!!!

$246.00 dvd writer (pioneer 104 at esbuy.com)
$34.75 modchip (no solder mod + swap Magic discs at easybuy2000.com)
-----------
$280.75 total

well worth it i think, especially if you thinking about getting into xbox too. it will pay for itself in no time! Plenty of good xbox games, and more to come. even the new pioneer 105 is less than $300 i'm pretty sure!

also very few games are even over the 3 gig size. Its the christmas season, dude!!! good time to add some gift ideas to the list for the wife!
Old Dec 06, 2002, 07:44 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by mitsu50 [/i]
[B] Its the christmas season, dude!!! good time to add some gift ideas to the list for the wife! [/B]
lmfao, we're pinching pennies right now, but thanks for the price updates old freind! it's still not economical for me now.
Old Dec 06, 2002, 03:42 PM
Veteran

Tre, send me a file list with Isobuster and I'll knock you a kit together if there aren't any around yet, I ripped this from the original DVD before it was done by a group

Oops, forgot e-mail addy

[email]efnw34028@blueyonder.co.uk[/email]

crazyguy
Old Dec 06, 2002, 04:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by crazyguy [/i]
[B]Tre, send me a file list with Isobuster and I'll knock you a kit together if there aren't any around yet, I ripped this from the original DVD before it was done by a group

Oops, forgot e-mail addy

[email]efnw34028@blueyonder.co.uk[/email]

crazyguy [/B]
hey crazy guy! damn, haven't seen ya in ages.
i'll have to do it over the weekend, or tonight when i get in from work. thanks for helping out! i also need one for disc 2 of minority report.
btw, when's the last time you talked with emuman? i'm getting worried bout him, haven't heard from him in ages and we used to talk at least 3x's a week.

thanks again!
Old Dec 06, 2002, 05:20 PM
Veteran

Not sure about the Rygar kit, but I can definitely do one for Minority Report, I meant that was the game I ripped from the original DVD. Emuman started orking again, so I don't see him as much as I used to. I'll let him know you were asking about him. Later

crazyguy