CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 17, 2002, 10:34 AM

sponsored links

ok...got colour back...i reapplied the colur fix
Does anyone have an idea why getting no data message

p.s.
my console is:
SCPH-30003R

ps2 info screen now says:
SCP@%300SCP
Old Dec 17, 2002, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Eeermm. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. but! My mates PS2 did a similair thing with the model number on the Version screen. It was knacked. He had to ring Sony for a replacement. His actual version screen said Unknown.. very strange, it wasn't even chipped either.

Sounds like a fairly sizeable malfunction to have actually shafted the bios info.

Sorry mate, but I think its shafted. Not good for Christmas really!

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Dec 17, 2002, 05:18 PM

don't want to give up yet...i was n't soldering near bios chip when this happened!....any more help appreciated
Old Dec 18, 2002, 04:54 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

when you turn on a ps2 with bridged pins you can end up screwing it over... its possible that its sent a funny signal along a track heading for the bios..

Nick
Old Dec 18, 2002, 05:38 AM
Veteran

Thats what I thought to be honest but I'm a sucker for not giving up on stuff too, hate to be beaten! lol..

There is the chance when you de-soldered that chip that you may have taken to much solder from it thus making the chip legs become un-soldered to the motherboard.... just a thought.....

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Dec 18, 2002, 01:21 PM

i did n't boot up the ps2 with the pins bridged.....i desoldered them and checked for shorts....also i have checked that the pins are still connected to the board
the ps2 is my boys. i don't ever use it so it makes it hard for me to notice if something is or is n't happening as it should.
I have noticed that when i put a disc in I cannot hear the disc spinning, the screen displays no data and says ps2 in the top left of the screen no matter what type of disc I put in.

Last edited by CopyDog; Dec 18, 2002 at 01:25 PM.