CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 24, 2002, 09:53 AM

sponsored links

It would appear that the cdrs created will play in lots of players but not Panasonic. They won't play in my friend's Panasonic hifi (new and cdr compatible). Is this a known problem??

The same media at the same speed produced on 3 different writers work fine on the Panasonics. I'm confused.
Old Jan 02, 2003, 10:58 AM
Veteran

It does seem to be a lite-on issue. I ALWAYS use branded media, but have no confidence in the burns that I make. Because of this, if I burn a dud, I do another copy at a slower speed, because I am pretty much certain that it is the speed issue which has caused the problem. If a writer is supposed to write at 40x, and I am using quality media, is it unreasonable to expect a successful burn just about every time? I don't think so. If I wanted to write at 24x, 20x, 16x etc, I would have just bought a writer that was only capable of writing at that speed, instead of shelling out more so I can write at 40x. I would send my writer back, but I'm not sure if I kept the receipt. Do you need proof of purchase for returns to the factory, or will they know from serial numbers etc, when it was bought?

Last edited by philmeehan; Jan 02, 2003 at 05:35 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2003, 02:26 PM

I only did my audio at 16x anyway. 8x and 4x still give the compatability issue. Pity I can't flash the players!

Data is not a problem at the high speeds on my liteon.

Mp3 to Audio CD is a problem whether it is on the fly at lower speeds or reading mp3 from the HD first when writing.

Primary master HD, slave is dvdrom (Liteon 16x NEW!)
Secondary master Liteon 48125S CDRW

450Mhz PIII 128Mb Ram. Tempest II mobo. Award BIOS. DMA set.....

If I am missing the point with the hardware config then I apologise, but there is nothing in either the liteon literature or nero which suggests I might be wrong.

The funny thing is that the audio cds I produce which play on the majority of my players are actually quite good.
Old Jan 02, 2003, 02:38 PM

I know this sounds daft...but...

Can I expect different results using different software or is a burn is a burn is a burn...? I like nero and its cover designer though...
Old Jan 02, 2003, 05:32 PM
Veteran

I have never had any problem with my data discs, but then again, I have made very few of these to be able to give a reliable assumption. But...when I have burnt dud audio discs, I burn the disc again, usually at 16x, and it has fixed the problem almost every time.

About 95% of my discs, are mp3 to audio, I do very little one to one copies.
Old Jan 03, 2003, 02:27 PM

what media have you tried m8?
I've tried datasafe silver premium 40 & 48x (dodgy), verbatim datalife plus 24x (useless), tdk metallic 48x (better?), kodak gold 8x (better?), infiniti (dodgy). Probably some others but you understand I've done a lot of testing - different brands, different dyes, etc.

The speeds are the disc ratings not my record speed which has been 16x.

When I say dodgy, I mean on the players which have low compatibility. They are NEW, CDR COMPATIBLE machines - not old players. So, obviously I am frustratrated that a 40+ writer stops me from making cdrs for over 200 worth of gear I have just bought!