CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 03, 2003, 04:43 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I haven't tried as many different brands as you have, but I have tried Datasafe silver 40x, I have been using these for a while, and have had quite a few problems. I hae also used Bulqpak white tops 40x, only used 50 of them though, and I can't really remember how good they were, I think they were about on a par with the datasafe, and I have used traxdata silvers 40x, which I seem to remember were pretty good, and as soon as I have finished with my current batch of Datasafes, I am going to return to the traxdata discs.
Old Jan 05, 2003, 06:54 PM

Datasafe discs are no longer made from princo stock that might have something to do with problems.
I had a problem with cdrs playing on Car CD player and would only work with unbranded silvers.

Cheers SMID
Old Jan 12, 2003, 03:39 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by number9 [/i]
[B]I only did my audio at 16x anyway. 8x and 4x still give the compatability issue. Pity I can't flash the players!

Data is not a problem at the high speeds on my liteon.

Mp3 to Audio CD is a problem whether it is on the fly at lower speeds or reading mp3 from the HD first when writing.

Primary master HD, slave is dvdrom (Liteon 16x NEW!)
Secondary master Liteon 48125S CDRW

450Mhz PIII 128Mb Ram. Tempest II mobo. Award BIOS. DMA set.....

If I am missing the point with the hardware config then I apologise, but there is nothing in either the liteon literature or nero which suggests I might be wrong.

The funny thing is that the audio cds I produce which play on the majority of my players are actually quite good. [/B]

I have just bought a Liteon 48125S and I have reduced my Mp3 - Audio to 16x as well due to one I did when the last 3 tracks did not play properly. Try using an mp3 test program because some tracks may play fine but have errors at the start or end. I think also the computer having to convert on the fly may have an impact on speed if you have a slower computer. I keep meaning to convert an Mp3 album to wav frirst and then see it I get problems at faster speeds.

I also wondered if it was a hard drive issue? Mine only 5400rpm? Do I need a 7200 to 48x writing?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:45 PM

Mp3s tested on winamp.ok. Audio cds are ok in most players but not some (panasonic and aiwa so called cdr compatible new players at home) and it this compatibility issue that I am worried about.

I have a Panasonic SL MP30 cd mp3 player and Ive come to the conclusion that it is useless, ie it is a poor reader. It cannot read my liteon produced audio cds (but it can handle older philips ones fine??) and it skips and pops on mp3 discs I have produced on my liteon even though these play 100% on my pcs cdrom drive.

If my pc drives were the same standard as the panasonic player I think I would throw it out!!
Old Jan 15, 2003, 03:26 PM

When I mean test Mp3's I mean use a program like Mp3 Test, see below link

********download.com.com/3302-2169-7927755.html
Old Jan 15, 2003, 08:08 PM

things is m8, the same source mp3 discs burned great on the philips (and have for others on different burners) so I've no doubts about them.

the skipping I have found to be due to being very fussy about the cleanliness of the cd (lab conditions!) also a slight judder when the play reads ahead leads to pops. if it fairly still it's ok. not very good for being on the move though...