CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 23, 2002, 03:44 PM
Veteran

Default Re: here is the result of which system is better: ps2/x-box

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by thisiscoo [/i]
[B][b]------------->OFF-TOPIC<--------------[/B]

lol , Mircosoft knows that their X-Box weren't as good as the PS2, and many other people are getting the PS2 but not the X-Box so now, they started to included two free games with the X-Box Console without raising the price so many people would buy the x-box more.......

So, after about 1 and a half year now we have the result, i thought it would take like 3 years to see which system will be better but it's seems that x-box can't handle such a task........

this is just like the PSX and the N64 long time ago........ still PSONE beat N64 azz!!!!!!!!!! [/B]
HELLYA!!!!!!!

good work man just my thoughts too...

Ps2 ownz Xbox
PsX owned N64

Nubs
Old Dec 23, 2002, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Default This is my Opinion, so don't flame me or anyone else

Well, I think Sony is undefeated as of now.

Gameplay wise, the PS2 is better

Hardware wise, the X-box is better

Graphix wise, theres no way to tell, as Sony only allows 30% of the PS2's power

Have anyone every played Jak and Dexter, that game has great graphix.

Overall, I say the PS2 is much better, like the PSX was better than N64.
The fans and the gaming co. decide which is best, by buying and making great games for that console.

I see lots of ppl say the PS2 has been out longer, but thats not the problem.

I also see ppl saying the X-box is so fast, It is, it does have a 733Mhz processor, but were not encoding Video or audio here, so it really doesn't matter. As for the PS2 and Gamecube, they have 300Mhz, and 405Mhz processors, but thats not there only speed, there more enhancements in there.

I say, buy all 3 systems, if you want X-box to have more sales, then buy 6 million X-boxes a month, then they will.

Last edited by Jaice; Dec 23, 2002 at 04:28 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2002, 04:49 PM
Veteran

Yeah dayv incase u havnt already noticed most 80% of xbox games are out on ps2 and gamecube months before theyre out in xbox. exept mgs2 -substance which was out on xbox in september but the xbox didnt even get the 1st one so some of mgs2 will be complicated to them.
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:10 PM
Veteran

PS2 is only better in original games. Hackability goes to Xbox all the way. PS2 owners just saw a DiVx ;-) player as of this month when Xbox had a DivX player back in July. Also, games can be run off of the HDD. We will see when the PS2 HDD releases if any games can be run off of it.

Oh, and emulators, loads of emulators for Xbox, MAME, SNES, NES, TurboGrafix 16, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, etc and the list goes on and on.

So, you can ask 1000 people which is better, but their opinion only matters to them. It all depends on what you need it for.

Hackability goes to Xbox and game library goes to PS2. Game quality goes to GameCube.
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:22 PM
Veteran

Gamecube is a trashy system b/c the majority of the games are geared towards a very young audience.

Also, I believe the controllers are terrible.

HOWEVER, my biggest beef with Nintendo in general is the fact that they continue to lose money and produce crappy systems because they choose NOT TO CONFORM TO THE STANDARD MEDIA ALL THE OTHER SYSTEMS ARE USING. Ex. N64 was retarded so they used cartridges which could only hold 32 megs of space- compare that to 650 megs of PSX. As a result, the PSX had like 20 times the space to make their games way better- thats why you never saw a real movie on a N64 game, only in-game stuff like zelda. And now here we have gamecube which moronically uses mini dvds that can NOT hold the same amount of space that a DVD can. If Nintendo wants to start contending with the big two they need to create a system that is geared towards all people and use the same media as other platforms, or else they will continue to produce flopsy games b/c of limited storage. Lastly, Nintendo needs to develop a WAY better controller- Sony has the greatest controller ever, Nintendo should just create one just like that which has a Nintendo brand written on it.

PS2 is the greatest system there is, hands down. Games are incredible.
XBOX is the most powerful system there is. Only a few good games.

It is rather funny when you think about it:
you have the PS2 which is about 3 times as LESS powerful than the XBOX but the XBOX is unable to make ANY games that are better looking graphics wise than the PS2- if you ask me, Splinter Cell looks terrible compared to a game like Metal Gear.

TO EACH HIS OWN.

all the best,

goku
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:26 PM
Veteran

first off, nice of you to put this in the ps2 forum

dont get me wrong, i like my ps2 and all, but when i had my first ps2 (release date in the uk) along with wild wild racing i felt like hanging myself from the biggest tree i could find. what a pile of shite it was, and i still believe to this day the ps2 is living off the success of the psx. but granted their are some good games out now for ps2 ... gta series to name but a few.

moddogs is right, there is no console better for hacking, than the xbox along with a built in hdd (so that saves me 25 quid straight away for a memory card), and lets admit, the xbox has some great games ..... dont use mgs2 as an arguement for ps2, because splinter cell on xbox wipes the floor with it.
if there is a game coming out on both ps2 and xbox .... i.e fifa, ill always opt for the xbox version, coz it always seems to be a bit more smoother and polished......

i hardly bother with my ps2 since i got my xbox. ive had endless hours of fun using evo-x and media players and emulators etc etc etc .... which is what the scene is all about really ....

my vote has to go to xbox ..... how many of you ppl above who opt for the ps2 and call xbox a failure actually OWN an xbox ? or have even spent a considerable amount of time exploring a few of its top games ? not many i bet