CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:31 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by CRASH HARD [/i]
[B]Yeah dayv incase u havnt already noticed most 80% of xbox games are out on ps2 and gamecube months before theyre out in xbox. exept mgs2 -substance which was out on xbox in september but the xbox didnt even get the 1st one so some of mgs2 will be complicated to them. [/B]
This just isn't true. Obviously games released before the Xbox existed, come to that system later, but most 3rd party games now come out simultaneously on all 3 systems. There are of course a few exceptions (medal of honor recently for the Xbox and Dead to Rights recently for the PS2 are examples). This isn't always a bad thing, as the later version often has more features etc.

In any case, both systems are good, and have some advantages and disadvantages. PS2 has, by and large, succeeding due to the popularity of the Psx. The first year of the PS2 was pretty lean - in fact, the Xbox had a much stronger launch, in terms of quality games, than the PS2, but obviously it didn't have the installed base that Sony enjoyed.

Currently, I think the systems are closer than most people admit. Many simultaneous releases have some graphical superiority on the Xbox (I have both consoles), although some, like Need for Speed are very poor efforts. First party games are generally superior on PS2, but it depends on what you're looking for. DMC and GTA are obviously huge hits, but wouldn't you like to play Halo and Splinter Cell also? They would be amongst the best games if they were on the PS2.

So enjoy both consoles for what they offer. But don't hate Xbox just because of Microsoft, which unfortunately a lot of people do...
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:36 PM

Talking

thisiscoo, rentin it, burnin it, and returnin it too ey? NICE!! later, fatboy
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:51 PM

discdocx is right...most games come out for both systems or all at the same time anymore.......and i meant cdr on xbox..most if not all dont work...and cdr on ps2 it depends on what your system likes,dvdr for ps2,samething....
Old Dec 23, 2002, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by fatboyfsx [/i]
[B]thisiscoo, rentin it, burnin it, and returnin it too ey? NICE!! later, fatboy [/B]
yeah, i copy that signature from you fatboyfsx...... lol

that's what most of the 56k user with no dvd-r burner or want to buy online games do........ I use to do that too, but not anymore since i just upgraded my connection to cable.......

- anyways, i saw some people still thinking that x-box is better, it's already been proven that ps2 is greater, even bill gate prove it in his action........... why not face the truth yah?

It's not a matter if yourself or some other peps think that x-box is better becuz think how many people think that ps2 is better, if you don't belive me, let's take a look at this Poll's: ********pub20.bravenet.com/minipoll/results.php?usernum=1662898596&qid=3290

Last edited by thisiscoo; Dec 23, 2002 at 06:10 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2002, 06:20 PM
Veteran

As for backup and eumulating, niether system was made for that.

The V7 PS2 reads any CD or DVD I put in it, can't say the same for the X-box.

Emulating, why play old stuff like Atri and other 1980s, when you have 3D?
Buy I played FF3 this morning for SNES on my PS2.

Get all three, you ca't go wrong.
Old Dec 24, 2002, 04:49 PM

i have ps2 and xbox
xbox rocks if you ask me
compare games on both
max payne on xbox blows ps2 version away
007 nightfire xbox better graphics smoother
fifa 2003 xbox wins
hacking xbox wins
store games on hd
using xbcopy you can put game straight onto hd
how many of the comments are by people who have seen xbox and these games