CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 25, 2002, 12:12 AM

sponsored links

If U like FPS (i.e. HALO) & Sport games like football, basketball & so on XBOX better. Otherwise, I really dunno what other games 're really worth playing.

I got an XBOX for 1 day & got it exchange for a PS2! I had the bundled XBOX package (w/ 2 games). Those bundled games really sucks, specially the SEGA GT. The handling of the cars 's the worst part of the game.
Other than the bundled package, I bought the game MechAssult & the XBOX LIVE online kit. (plus I got a free demo of splender cell, motoGT & Blinx,...)
I've spend almost the whole night (well till 4:00am) playing the online game (MechAssult) & the other games & demos. 1 of all I hate the controller, the graphics re better than PS2 though. 2nd, it's expansive to play online games on XBOX. I have to buy the XBOX LIVE kit($80 can.) & I need to give my credit card # & personal info. (ie. date of birth, address, ...) to register online. And no one knows how much they're gonna charge me after 1 year.
Most annoying is Microsoft can detect if ur have a MODCHIP & bend ur online account for life. Also I have to buying original games for playing online (Not like PS2, I can play online SOCOM, NBA Live, .. w/ even backup copies.) 3rd, XBOX generally don't support CDR as a backup media. I don't want to spend $$$$ for a DVD burner & DVD-Rs . After serious considerating, I decided to return the XBOX for PS2.

I know HALO is the best XBOX game but I'm not going to buy a console for just 1 game and it's not supported by XBOX LIVE. I know HALO 2 's gonna be supported by X-LIVE but I's told it'll be released in June next year. (It's 6 months time)

In my opinion, if U have/plan to have more than 1 console (like most XBOX owners do) & have enough money to spend for gaming, why not buy both consoles. But if U really want to have fun playing difference type of games w/ ur family & friends, I think PS2's better choice. I mean what games can be more fun & enjoyable than playing VICE CITY w/ all ur friends/family laughing w/ U.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 01:13 AM
Veteran

"N64 was retarded so they used cartridges which could only hold 32 megs of space- compare that to 650 megs of PSX.As a result, the PSX had like 20 times the space to make their games way better- thats why you never saw a real movie on a N64 game, only in-game stuff like zelda. And now here we have gamecube which moronically uses mini dvds that can NOT hold the same amount of space that a DVD can."

I think you're wrong. I remember reading the catridge to be around 500 megs, not 32 megs. How the hell would you be able to make a game around 32 megs? Use common sense, damn.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 01:41 AM
Banned

he must be mistaken with the gameboy cartridges but even the gameboy use a higher cartridges than that which is around 64mb........
Old Dec 25, 2002, 04:58 AM
Veteran

Gameboy cartridges were in MegaBits, not mega bytes. BIG difference.

I had an X-Box for 1 week, very disappointed with the complete system. Controllers were crap, ok the S is a better one but why should you have to buy another controller coz the original one was cack?? It should have been sorted out beofre it was launched. Microsoft made soooo many errors when they launched the X-Box..

Wouldn't have another one even if they gave it free!

PS2 in my humble opinion is far better, loads more playability which is what counts in my book, fancy graphics don't mean crap. I mean .. WOW the X-Box is more powerful than the PS2, big deal. The games are the bloody same!! Its needs a WOW game really and I don't honestly think it ever will. Peeps keep ranting on about Halo.. so what! one game! whoopee. Wheres the rest of the killer apps?!?!?!
Emulators? whats the point? My PC is better at doing it and is bloody easier to use. Why play a SNES game on an X-Box? Pure nostalgia....

Sorry for the rant.. But I get annoyed with people bumping the X-Box up with stuff that it wasn't designed to do. Its a games console, shame the batch of games for it are either re-hashes of games already out or original cack.....More power means absolutley nothing if the games don't deliver.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Dec 25, 2002, 07:46 AM

2 free games.
isnt that what the sony is doing also?
Old Dec 25, 2002, 08:31 AM
Veteran

not as of yet