CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 25, 2002, 09:27 AM

sponsored links

I love my Xbox but i seem to play the PS2 more.
I also own a NGC which i also play alot.
Long story short the PS2 is the best.

NTLHACKER
Old Dec 25, 2002, 11:58 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Spagboll [/i]
[B]
Wouldn't have another one even if they gave it free!

Mike ( Spagboll ) ... [/B]
i would, i'd just sell it and get something else with the $200 or so i could get for it!
now only if they get desperate enough...
Old Dec 25, 2002, 12:33 PM

HA HA no debate all you have to do is look at the specs????????XBOX twice as good NOOOOOOOOOO contest.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 01:49 PM
Veteran

who really cares about specs, graphics etc????
at the end of the day, it comes down to how fun the games are. put it like this. i can still play pacman till this day and have some fun on it. and how damn old is that????
if YOU enjoy the games, its completley irrelevant to anyone else.
b.t.w
just got vice city today. been playing it for hours. i think this game and we6fe alone, are enough to make ps2 the top console.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 10:49 PM

Quote:
[B]"HA HA no debate all you have to do is look at the specs????????XBOX twice as good NOOOOOOOOOO contest."[/B]
who the heck cares how many megagigahertz that **** has... its all about the games and as of now ps2 has much better games than the xbox in my opinion...

all xbox has is fps after fps... blah blah blah

all sony needs is squaresoft and it will beat xbox hands down....

seriously.... i rather have ps2 for just a few of the games than xbox and all the games.... all i hear is halo and splinter cell... woopdy fricken doooo

from the ff's to the gta's... you dont need good graphix or specs to have a good game.... FF3 is still my favorite game of all time, and i think i could draw that **** in paint....

well, whatever....

Last edited by Torque; Dec 25, 2002 at 10:56 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 12:00 AM
Veteran

I agree with Torque, and I just started playing FF3 Monday, but I'm at the end of FF10.

X-box has the power, YES, but most buyers don't know the difference between a Megabyte and a MegaHerz. As stated, the power of the PS2 is not limited to 300Mhz, as theres more in there than just the processor.

I have a Ps2, and I play it everyday, next, I'm probably going to get a Gamecube, mostly for the Resident Evil Series.

X-box has some great games, in every post PS2 vs X-box, I see Halo and DOA3, and now Splinter Cell.

Thats 3 games, for Ps2 I can name Final Fantasy 10, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken 4, Virtual Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat DA, Time Splitters 2 and the list goes on.

In conclusion, I think, its not about the power, but about the games, which is funner to play, and will last longer. MS doesn't care about X-box1, being overwritten by X-box2, as they want to release it before PS3, which is about 2005 or maybe 4. Thats real close.