CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 28, 2002, 09:16 AM

sponsored links

OSX is definatly the way to go. Jaguar is spot on, IT never never crashes, looks good to.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 11:40 AM

Do people go onto internet sites and say that Ford cars are better than Honda cars? I find this argument stupid.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:18 PM

STNIUK- yes all the time. It is stupid, but Mac users are in a minority and usually band together to defend their chosen platform.
Best part is that the original poster of the topic, probably was trolling the forums, saw the mac one, stopped in and posted, and will never return.
I found his post unintellegent, and the line at the end about his opinions not being his own...whose are they then? Why bother?
Old Jan 01, 2003, 12:59 PM

Thumbs down

You would think that someone would know at least a LITTLE about what they're saying when they attempt to start an arguement. Obviously the PC user doesn't know jack about the Mac.

Yes, they are expensive and aren't the best for computer gamers. Otherwise they do an outstanding job without [b]interfering[/b] with the user. Simple to use, and simple to troubleshoot or fix yourself. Outstanding security, speed, and stability.

Cheers to Apple!

If you really like to troubleshoot, go ahead and get a PC. Stack dump errors, blue screen of death, illegal operation, device conflicts, major security flaws, numerous Service Packs to fill the holes, resources bottoming out, at least 12,000 virri to defend against, special boot floppies, twenty-five preloaded TSRs sucking the life out of the system, hidden panels like MSCONFIG for managing the TSRs, etc. There will be plenty to keep the do-it-yourselfer very busy maintaining the system. A troubleshooting paradise!

[b]The views expressed above ARE necessarily my own[/b]
Old Jan 02, 2003, 05:19 PM

Been using OS X for 8 months, not one crash. Need I say more?
Old Jan 03, 2003, 01:36 AM

No sir, you don't need to say any more. All of us who have worked for an employer using a Windoze OS knows how often they freeze. Its [b]unbelievable[/b] how often they go down. Usually it is a daily problem that you have to deal with.

I understand that XP is much better, but it still doesn't use the same "protected" memory scenerio that the Mac does (thanks to the Unix based foundation). One day Billy Gates will pull his head out of his a$$ and realize that he too needs to use the same (or similar) logic that Unix incorporated into their OS. Open source code is also needed so that programmers that don't work for MS can help debug it. Obviously the folks at MS cannot accomplish their goals without a lot of outside help. This would be a good thing for them to do.