CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 16, 2003, 02:19 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
probably was trolling the forums, saw the mac one, stopped in and posted, and will never return
I'll be back

Quote:
office for mac is completely compatible with the pc you just change
perfectly compatible you just change......... change what.. sorry staff need retrained oops don't bother just keep windows

Quote:
OK, what's the purpose of this post? "
Point is Macs MAY BE better technichally but MS have monopoly

STNIUK
Quote:
Do people go onto internet sites and say that Ford cars are better than Honda cars?
see www.henry-davis.com/GMC/Sandy/shocks.doc for proof they do

MACINACTION
Quote:
You would think that someone would know at least a LITTLE about what they're saying when they attempt to start an arguement. Obviously the PC user doesn't know jack about the Mac.
Precisely I know Jack about macs so do most people thats the point. OSX MAY kick P *** but everyone is used to windows and most people wont change

[b]Lets look at how all yous have used windows:[/b]
Macinaction "All of us who have worked for an employer using a Windoze "
EFT "I have to use Windows to connect to my Novell server to do admin functions"

you may not like it but windows has tajen OVER
The genies out not much you can do about it
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:34 PM

Life's about choices. Back in '82 I was IBM all the way. It's not '82 anymore, my tastes have changed.
You say Windows is the ruler, but you bet your butt that a Mac was used to do all that nice graphic design on the Chip ad that you like.
If Windows had a monopoly, there would only be one OS ("mono" is one).
I'll post more in a month, as you'll probably not be around until then.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:36 PM

[I]but everyone is used to windows and most people wont change[/I]

When were you asked to change?
Old Jan 16, 2003, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I'll post more in a month, as you'll probably not be around until then
I do not own a mac (like most people) so obviously I dont check in here much. however the few number of replies to my post also show how few mac owners there are.

Quote:
Apple 5%
Linux 5%
Guess how much market share Windows has.

oh and listen this guy
Quote:
“There’s not a big demand for Linux on the desktop because there’s not the application software over there yet, and there’s not the application software over there yet because it’s not on the desktop,” said Jim Graham’ CodeWeaver’s chief technology officer.
This also applies to mac.
There is a lack of app's , very job specific app's.

Quote:
********zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-802112.html Apple is trying to woo me over
Old Jan 17, 2003, 06:37 AM

look mate. i tend not to reply to lame A** topics like this but i now feel the time is right to do so.

Quote:
I do not own a mac (like most people) so obviously I dont check in here much. however the few number of replies to my post also show how few mac owners there are.
we generally aren't stupid enough to reply to your b**** attempts to incite a pointless debate that has been done so often.

Quote:
Apple 5%
Linux 5%
Guess how much market share Windows has
The word you are looking for is an "oligopoly" which is where one company dominates but competition does exist.
Quote:
?There?s not a big demand for Linux on the desktop because there?s not the application software over there yet, and there?s not the application software over there yet because it?s not on the desktop,? said Jim Graham? CodeWeaver?s chief technology officer.

This also applies to mac.
There is a lack of app's , very job specific app's.
What exactly are you looking for job specific wise. we have office, maya, final cut pro and shake, ilife does all the common stuff you do, we have all the audio apps you could ever want.
all we lack is a mac port of kazaa or similar file sharing tool. limewire is ok but not great.

Quote:

********zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-802112.html Apple is trying to woo me over
MS tried to do the same but were found out for using a fake actorress as people who have switched to windows. the actress they used actually worked for a PR firm they use. you condone bill gates but not apple?

Quote:
office for mac is completely compatible with the pc you just change
perfectly compatible you just change......... change what.. sorry staff need retrained oops don't bother just keep windows
windows office and mac office are the same. anyone with simple knowledge on using one office can easily be trained to use the other in a couple of hours, in either direction. as for using the operating system, most users don't need to change the OS setting at work, an administrator does that. a good administrator should have knowledge of other OS's and shouldn't find it difficult. Mac OS by its very nature is easy to use.

Quote:
OK, what's the purpose of this post? "

Point is Macs MAY BE better technichally but MS have monopoly
you yourself have said that they don't in a later post. you seem a little indecisive.

Quote:
you may not like it but windows has tajen OVER
The genies out not much you can do about it
your spelling needs work. this is a symptom of using windows to much and not having a spell checker on the boards here.
thats taken not tajen
thats genius not genies

if you wish to reply to this please feel free to do so, and i will attempt to answer any queries/points you have.

yoshi
Old Jan 17, 2003, 04:12 PM

I think we have seen through this person. He/she is just on a wind up.
BTW If windows was a OS monopoly it would be very bad for the computer industry:

High cost, no competition, microsoft could charge what it liked.

Lack of innovation, why innovate (which costs money) when there is no reason. We would all still be using DOS.

No choice.

Maybe this person likes people making choices for them, says a lot about them...