CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 17, 2003, 05:13 PM

sponsored links

Plenty of apps for the Mac. Maybe not in some offices for a few "specific" needs, but definitely for majority of offices and the home user. Most just can't afford Macs when Windoze boxes sell for a few hundred apiece. The media (newpapers, TV, radio) use Macs quite a bit. Why do you think so many TV shows have Macs in the background instead of PeeCs? Go to your local newspaper (if you're in the States), and look at their network. I'll bet they have a few hundred Macs like the two big newspapers here in our town.

Real graphics proffesionals [b]only[/b] use Macs. Macromedia and Abode are the best graphics apps around. Who cares if the competitors apps aren't available in some cases, they suck in comparison. My only complaint is that we don't have a good MP3 app for direct P2P sharing. Audio piracy is illegal anyway, so no big deal.

Not enought games for the Mac, but who gives a rat's azz since we have the PS2 and Xbox. Triple monitor gaming? Who in the hell wants to shell out the buck$ for three monitors on one PeeC? Just get online with your friends, and game away.

The bottom line is most people can't afford a top of the line computer. Some folks don't have the ability to learn two OSes. The "displacement" theory as I call it. If you cram too much into their head, something has to be pushed out. They just can't hold it all in there.

Its best for these folks to never change, and just live with the stack dump errors, blue screen of death, illegal operation, device conflicts, major security flaws, numerous Service Packs to fill the holes, resources bottoming out, at least 12,000 virri to defend against, special boot floppies, twenty-five preloaded TSRs sucking the life out of the system, hidden panels like MSCONFIG for managing the TSRs, etc.

If you can't afford an Escalade, then by all means buy a Kia. It will get you where you need to go, just without all the fancy luxuries!
Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Plenty of apps for the Mac. Maybe not in some offices for a few "specific" needs
People with specific needsw go away.

Quote:
Macromedia and Abode are the best graphics apps around.
These are available for Windows HELL the mac version is probably a port.

Quote:
Not enought games for the Mac, but who gives a rat's azz since we have the PS2 and Xbox. Triple monitor gaming
so a pc is a mac,ps2 and xbox rolled into 1 CHEAPER far CHEAPER

Quote:
Why do you think so many TV shows have Macs in the background instead of PeeCs?
cos they look good and thats all they do. And now with more modded cases for the PC this is changin
Old Jan 26, 2003, 04:16 AM

Oracle

U Know jack ****, adobe designed photoshop to run on the Mac and it was later ported to windows.

If mac's are so bad then why are they the choice of pro's, video editors,Music,Press etc.

The truth of the matter is that people why buy PC's know **** all, they buy one cus they mate has got one. If your mate hade a boil on his arse would you want one of those as well.

I hear that they sell peecees with a crash helmet these days, can't imagine why, can you?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 05:37 AM

indeed, adobe and macromedia all made their products initailly for the mac, and then ported them to the pc. mac developers have always been noted for their quality, and pc users usually come second when it comes to the big appz. i say usually as ms always produces for windows first, but even then they develop someone elses good idea. (or buyout the company. bungie anyone)
people with specific needs don't go wawy unless they have no intelligence as a little looking always find an answer on the mac.

Quote:
so a pc is a mac,ps2 and xbox rolled into 1
if that is what you belive my dear boy, you are sorely deluded. you want games you buy a ps2 or xbox. all decent pc games end up on them, and are usually better. pc however don't get all the decent xbox and ps2 games. as a gaming platform, the pc really is lacklustre what with the constant hardware updates required. and the pc contains a mac. what gives you that ridiculous idea. pc's can't run mac apps properly, but macs can run pc apps fine under emulation. some tests have shown that on the same spec mac and pc, the mac sometimes runs pc apps faster under emulation than the pc does. when it comes to real computing, pc's come second at best.

yoshi
Old Jan 28, 2003, 09:38 PM

tests have shown that on the same spec mac and pc

How much dearer was the mac.

This is the end of the arguement I will no longer be replying
Old Jan 29, 2003, 04:00 AM

Since that reply can't be translated into plain English, we're glad you're ignorant aZZ won't be coming around any more. That's what you say, but I really doubt it.

Feel free to come back once you learn to speak our language, or stop binging on so much beer/liquor that you can't even type something of value for the forum. I've had about fourteen now, and have no trouble making a complete sentence (or at least something that can be understood).

Off Topic:

So which is better, Bass Ale or Newcastle? I can't make up my mind!!